Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockville Porsche Audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Actually, George is now working over at the Audi store(haven't heard why yet). I haven't been in the Porsche store since they moved into the new space up the street. Perhaps they're worth a try again? My preferred indy is north of Baltimore but the ride is already a PITA for me and I'm 40 min north of you.

If you need Audi service both Evan and Aaron are really in touch with the concept of impeccable customer service. Usually twice daily telephone updates of progress, a clean Audi loaner and a nice facility if you elect to wait.

MD Porsche Indy -This list seems to have a few shops near you as well. Best of luck and report back if you find someone good(or bad)!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:06 AM
chuckla
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. I have lnown about Intersport, but never heard any comments. Will try them.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:56 AM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,733 Likes on 1,730 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay H
I agree. Over the last year, Porsche has gotten very serious about customer service in the sales area and in the service department area. You may get a survey from Porsche and then you can 'have at it' with Porsche directly.
+1

I got a emailed survey email after 20K service. Gave them stellar remarks except for missing a bad horn (which I knew was bad from the ppi a few months prior) Made me wonder what else they missed, and checked off on the service.

Got a call from the service manager within the hour. They replaced the horn for free while I waited and let me look over the undercarriage while it was on the rack.

Take the loaner car to the track and take out your frustration.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
first off, i totally understand where youre coming from - it is exTREMEly frustrating. but if i may for just a minute...

let's face it, no matter where we go - stealership or indy - we're not immune to sub-par customer svc. i dont go to the dealer any more (i'm out of warranty) but when i did, i experienced some of the same, uh...lack of concern/attention, as you describe. i just tried to grin and bear it as a necessary evil while justifying it as either an "overworked/understaffed" scenario and/or simple lack of quality staff and management.

but it happens at the indy's too. the shop managers arent secretaries to CEO's, they arent doctors scheduling an operation. i.e. they're not the most customer-svc-thinking, detail-oriented bunch. theyre more focused on the actual fixing of cars and (justifiably) making money thus their people skills might not be a high priority.

that said, i think it is possible to have good dealer customer svc but it might take some effort on your part as well: make it a point to friendly chat for a few extra minutes with your advisor or the shop manager...stop in once and awhile if you're in the area and have time to kill...send an email now and then asking how it's going, or "seen any carrera GT's lately??" etc. should you have to do this in order to get better customer svc? no way. but the reality is, in the absence of an ideal world, every little bit helps.

and FWIW, i used to go to rkvl porsche. i know max and he's a really nice guy who i would talk to a lot starting back when he was a salesman there. i also knew the lead tech danny who i would stop in to chat with now and then (he helped me a few times with technical questions i had, gave me free coolant once so that i could top off the tank, etc. see?? it helps to be friendly! )

lastly, there are plenty of indy's around - TPC, intersport, IMA, atspeed, etc. personally i try to do most of the routine maintenance myself but use TPC for the heavy stuff. research them all and make up your own mind.

ok, done.
I concur...have been to intersport and IMA and they do great work! Look at the Indy's for out of service work or the little stuff. Warranty work leave for the dealer. Good luck...
Old 10-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Give them a bad CSI,they are terrified of that.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:27 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,024 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaylG
Is there a reason why you need your car back in a few days? I would imagine that unexpected things can occur when working on cars, which requires additional time to fix and thus pushes back the cars waiting to be serviced. Throw in the fact that they are shorthanded this week.

You got a loaner vehicle so it's not like you don't have a source of transportation while the p-car is in the shop. I just don't understand the big deal here.
And I don't understand why you think it's acceptable to make an appointment for service that should take about 1/2 a day and then have the car sit at the dealership for several days with no explanation offered. A one minute phone call from the service manager would have turned this into a non event or a minor nuisance.

There must be a lot of consumers out there thinking the way you do though. Every single time there's a story here of substandard treatment by a dealer - no matter how outrageous or arrogant - there's no shortage of people rushing in to defend it. Maybe they're dealership owners or employees or maybe they're just the submissive type. Either way it doesn't advance anyone's case to pretend that ****ty service and disrespect for customer's time and assets is no big deal. Just look at the direction this thread has taken. Mostly about how to avoid the Rockville dealership.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
And I don't understand why you think it's acceptable to make an appointment for service that should take about 1/2 a day and then have the car sit at the dealership for several days with no explanation offered. A one minute phone call from the service manager would have turned this into a non event or a minor nuisance.
Exactly. 9 times out of 10, if I have an issue with service from anyone, whether for my car or anything else, it's because of a lack of communication. I am willing to be understanding if a service provider is straight with me and keeps me up to date if circumstances change from what they originally told me. It is the single most effective thing an establishment can do to earn and keep my business. The OP had every right to be upset by how he was treated by this dealership and he should hammer them on the satisfaction survey.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 AM
chuckla
Racer

While we are on the subject of Rockville P-A, a guy I played golf with this weekend related the following story, which is a warning here and at every other mover of P metal. He went to this dealership last week in search of a part for his '02 C2 Targa. While he was waiting at the parts counter, he was approached by a Porsche salesman, who said the dealership would like to have a Targa like his on their lot for sale and told him they had an '11 Targa with a sticker of $102K. The salesman said that car had 2K miles on it and could be bought for $75K. This guy was interested enough that the salesman told the sales manager, who then told the guy that there had been a mistake, the price was $85K. The guy laughed at this classic bait and switch, walked out and crossed this place off his approved list.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porsche of Tysons (aka HBL) currently has only one service writer...they only take six appointments per day. Service manager (Chad) is a good guy.

I have been using Curry's/Great Falls for routine service and tire purchases...talk to Alan.

Bought my daughter's 2010 Audi A4 at Rockville P-A. Had a good experience with the internet sales manager but never used their service department.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
ClaylG
Instructor

Originally Posted by sandwedge

There must be a lot of consumers out there thinking the way you do though. Every single time there's a story here of substandard treatment by a dealer - no matter how outrageous or arrogant - there's no shortage of people rushing in to defend it. Maybe they're dealership owners or employees or maybe they're just the submissive type. Either way it doesn't advance anyone's case to pretend that ****ty service and disrespect for customer's time and assets is no big deal. Just look at the direction this thread has taken. Mostly about how to avoid the Rockville dealership.
I previously owned an '87 911 and when I needed work done on it, I would drop it off to my favorite indy and he would call when it was finished. Simple as that. It might have taken 2 days or 5 days depending on what was done. So I'm not used to expecting single-day service on a p-car.

Yes, as I agreed to earlier, they could have communicated better. But a missed phone call or email doesn't rise to the level of "outrageous or arrogant" in my book.

Quick Reply: Rockville Porsche Audi