Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote keylock function audible sound?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

get a mods4cars unit. it will honk when you lock doors. in reality in bright sunlight it is convinient, it also adds right mirror tilt to the ground when you go in reverse so you can see curbside - priceless feature.

in reality all thos functions are already in the car as all mods4cars unit does it communication on CAN bus, I was told that crafty mechanic who has PIWIS can activate most of those functions, but if you do not have such a smart mechanic nearby - it is easier to instal lmods4cars unit.

it also adds one-touch operation for both windows so you do not have to wait until it comes mid-way, one press and it goes. very nice.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
We sell the RemoteKey and SmartTop products....email with questions anytime: eric@bumperplugs.com
Do they have a 997 Targa version yet that would enable opening/closing the Targa roof via key remote?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:14 AM
997sxv
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2005 997 beeps when you lock it. It also flashes the lights for both lock and unlock and will lock itself if unlocked but not opened within a minute.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by 997sxv
My 2005 997 beeps when you lock it. It also flashes the lights for both lock and unlock and will lock itself if unlocked but not opened within a minute.
Your 05 997 was obviously purchased used, and the previous owner installed the SmartTop.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The 997 doesn't have an audible alert to locking vice unlocking because it's a European car and there are laws and regulations against noise in Europe.
All the European car manufacturers equip cars differently to be in compliance with the laws of the importing country. Cars exported to Canada are all equipped with headlights that can't be switched off when the car is running, while the same cars exported to the US have fully-functional headlight switches. There's no reason other than executive decision why Porsche doesn't provide an audible alert to arm/disarm the alarm system. Every BMW I owned squeaked the alarm siren when armed and disarmed. (My Mercedes doesn't.) I will say that I wish the US didn't allow it. My office is on the ground floor, and the constant cacaphony of whoops and honks from the parking lot all day long can get to be quite irritating.

Quick Reply: remote keylock function audible sound?