Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default check engine light: couple codes - need help >>

cross-post from the GT3 forum

any help/advice is appreciated. thanks.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 AM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

i think you meant this to go on another thread ...

Originally Posted by Macster
One accident listed as having occurred in Alhambra, CA in 2009. Even gives a case #0388. See if you can get ahold of the accident report.

The other accident report was in 2010 in CA, probably just to the DMV. I suspect this info is available but you need to know how to get it. I'm not sure how. Ask a friendly dealer if it knows a way to obtain a copy of an accident report filed on this vehicle. If the answer is no ask if it knows anyone who might know.

I see the car was in Covina, Arcadia, Alhambra, Huntington Beach, so call Porsche dealers in those areas and with the VIN see if the car was serviced at any of the dealers you get in touch with. Ask about the car's history. If the car was serviced at a dealer someone will likely remember the car.

Or... since the car has had 2 accidents, why bother? Start looking for a car without no accidents against it, or at least cars where the seller can provide you with all the details of any accident so you can determine for yourself the car's condition.

I'll add that generally if the car has non-stock body parts, or factory body parts that weren't on the car stock this suggests the extent of the damage. Many owners use an accident to replace damaged stock body parts/panels with aftermarket or upgrade the body with factory parts. Ditto the wheels.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Appears you are right. I deleted the post. I can't explain what happened.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: check engine light: couple codes - need help >>