Tooki questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Maughan67
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tooki questions

Hello all.

I have a 997.1 C2S coupe tiptronic (2006, 43k miles). It has a Tooki Bluetooth phone system fitted which works fairly well, but I have the following questions:

- I have several hundred entries in my phone's address book. I can scroll directly to the very end or start of the list by twirling the control **** fast, but getting to the middle of the alphabet is a pain! I have to just gently scroll, scroll, scroll for ages. Is there an easier way to get to the middle of the alphabet?
- When I dial a number, the tones for each number dialled are played over the speakers, loudly. Can this be disabled/changed?
- The Tooki connects to my phone as soon as I unlock the car with the result that I cannot then use the phone as a handset - I have to be in the car and make/take a call handsfree. I don't always want this, eg if I have the car unlocked but am standing nearby to make/take a call. Can it be set up to activate only once the key is in the ignition, or once the engine is running?

Thank you!

Matt
Old 10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Cartronics
Banned

Although we no longer sell the Tookie because of failure rate - I can certain help asnwer your questions:

1. No - limitation of the PCM interface
2. No - problem that the Tookie has (depending on version)
3. No - problem with Tookie design

There are better solutions (IMHO) than the Tookie, but you may not want to re-invest in a new iTronic…
Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Maughan67
Hello all.

I have a 997.1 C2S coupe tiptronic (2006, 43k miles). It has a Tooki Bluetooth phone system fitted which works fairly well, but I have the following questions:

- I have several hundred entries in my phone's address book. I can scroll directly to the very end or start of the list by twirling the control **** fast, but getting to the middle of the alphabet is a pain! I have to just gently scroll, scroll, scroll for ages. Is there an easier way to get to the middle of the alphabet?
- When I dial a number, the tones for each number dialled are played over the speakers, loudly. Can this be disabled/changed?
- The Tooki connects to my phone as soon as I unlock the car with the result that I cannot then use the phone as a handset - I have to be in the car and make/take a call handsfree. I don't always want this, eg if I have the car unlocked but am standing nearby to make/take a call. Can it be set up to activate only once the key is in the ignition, or once the engine is running?

Thank you!

Matt

Scrolling is a problem. I also have a vast number of entries. You experience what I am experiencing. I don't think there is a solution to that.

True, the Tooki does connect to the phone immediately, but you can chose to use the handset by either choosing that option from your phone devise or from the Tooki itself. For example, let's say that you're in a conversation in the car and want to continue the conversation as you depart the car. Chose the handset option and then walk away.

Bluetooth designs allow you to either do it automatically (when it encounters the phone) or for you to do it manually EACH time. (That is a royal pain--yo will discover).

I too find it a bit of a pain in the neck when I'm near my car, say, working in my garage and my cell phone rings...the next thing I hear is someone talking to me through my Carrera's speakers!

I don't believe any of the other Bluetooth systems work much differently, so there are no other viable options.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Cartronics
Banned

Yes there are other options, it comes down to software design - The iTronic waits until it detects a key in the ignition to connect - to avoid all that issue you are discussing - then it auto connects to the phone
Old 10-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Maughan67
8th Gear

Default Scrolling solution

Thanks for your answers, guys.

However, I have found an answer to the scrolling issue. See here:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=675...6d67ce18f3e74e

Now I just need to find a way round the phone pairing with the car as soon as the doors are unlocked (ie before ignition)....

Matt
Old 10-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Vancouver-BC
Instructor

Simple, turn off the bluetooth on your phone, at least that's what I do.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this is why I always lock my car, even when parked in the closed garage at home. Not only will it disable bluetooth, it will also keep your battery from draining prematurely.

Quick Reply: Tooki questions