Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My impressions on my 2011 GTS after 1 week of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM
rebattery
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god bless your wife!!!----------relax -enjoy and go out a put a minor dent somewhere not to conspicuous and won't have a mental break-down when the inevitable happens.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:45 AM
summit81
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the color. I'll trade you.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabeproracer

I'm very OCD and detailed oriented, when the dealer delivered my car, I saw hard water spots all over the steering wheel and center console! arrrg. I'm going to need to clay bar it but overall I think the interior is well put together.

I just noticed the "Carrera" emblem is cracked! I thought it was made out of metal but its plastic along with the hood emblem.
Congrats on a great looking car. Blue is good.
I'm a little confused about hard water spots being on the steering wheel and console, then your remark about clay baring. Why would there be a need for using water on the steering wheel, especially if it is alcantara? (or even leather).

Re the plastic Carrera emblem, I suggest just taking it off. I think the emblems are a nuisance when washing the car anyway. It also de-clutters the look of the rear end. If anyone needs to read it to know what kind of car it is, then it doesn't matter.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh you cheeky bastard... Love how you have the CHP 99-11 Foundation License Plate Holder - and you don't even have the real plates yet! In this situation it reminds of drug users who ride around with "Dare to say no to Drugs" License Plate Holders.

Let me know if that really works the next time you get pulled over.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

I fully support the CHP and I proudly display my support. I don't know what else you are trying to imply....

As for the water spots on the steering wheel, the spoke section is metal/plastic and it was there. There are also lots of spots on the center console and buttons. The dealer is now worried because Porsche NA has sent me the survey and wants me to give them the highest marks, they have offered to re-detail my car. I'm leery of that and will probably just do it myself this weekend when I have some time.

As for de-badging I would like to if it didn't leave any holes in the hood or engine trunk area...

Last edited by Wannabeproracer; 10-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Carrera badge is stuck on the car with essentially double sided tape. There are no holes drilled to mount that emblem.

As far as the survey goes and the detail job, I'd still clean the car myself and not return it to the dealership unless you are sure that it would be detailed by a pro and not the kids in the back.

Many (if not all) mfg's have funds available for post delivery issues such as prep dept damage and poor detail jobs. I took delivery of a new car two years ago that was located from a distant dealership. The car was horrendous. Barely washed and the paint was severely marred from poor cleaning. I refused to let the dealership re-detail the car and they allowed me $250 to go anywhere and have the car detailed. The dealership reimbursed me promptly on the condition that I would give them a top rated survey (which I did).
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Gentle heat and dental floss work well to remove the rear badge.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabeproracer
I'm very OCD and detailed oriented, when the dealer delivered my car, I saw hard water spots all over the steering wheel and center console! arrrg. I'm going to need to clay bar it
How do you clay bar a steering wheel and console?

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Oh you cheeky bastard... Love how you have the CHP 99-11 Foundation License Plate Holder - and you don't even have the real plates yet! In this situation it reminds of drug users who ride around with "Dare to say no to Drugs" License Plate Holders.

Let me know if that really works the next time you get pulled over.

That's the Cali get-out-of-jail-free card, Bezerkley dude.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

use very small pieces of clay on the console and spoke of the steering wheel. Can you tell my CDO (as noted by Fin Fever)?

There's never a "get out of jail card" with the CHP 1199 Foundation, its a great charity that helps a lot of people in their time of need.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
How do you clay bar a steering wheel and console?

That's the Cali get-out-of-jail-free card, Bezerkley dude.

^= a very stupid and inaccurate statement, you should edit your post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed
^= a very stupid and inaccurate statement, you should edit your post
^^^ = get stuffed while you have that sense of humor installed.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

The GTS "doesn't feel fast"? Thats weird because mine feels fast. Maybe you should take yours in and get it checked? It's still under warranty.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
The GTS "doesn't feel fast"? Thats weird because mine feels fast. Maybe you should take yours in and get it checked? It's still under warranty.
I didn't think it felt faster than a C2. Sounds great though.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

as I stated it doesn't "feel fast" but it is! I just attribute it to being well built!

I shouldn't try to compare the feelings from driving a fully race prepped race car but I guess I have high expectations =)

Really nice car and I very happy with it
Old 10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
jdub911
6th Gear

Backing up to the OCD comment - I'm the same way. It paid off with my GTS (white on black with black center lock) - the weekend after I bought it, I was detailing it and working on the wheels and when I looked at it up-close in the sunlight, the rear wheels were actually blue. The fronts were fine. Even in the sun you could barely tell. It was no problem getting them swapped-out, but I can't help but think there may be a dark blue GTS out there with body colored wheels rolling on a pair of black rear wheels...

Quick Reply: My impressions on my 2011 GTS after 1 week of ownership