C4S vs C2S

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Get a RWD GTS
Yep. Ditto. You get the nice wide hips, the extra HP, all the doo-dads, nice leather interior if you can find one, and it's RWD so you get that nice light steering feel.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Widebodied (St)ars

So C4S = JLo and GTS = Kim Kardashian?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 573 Posts

Look at my avatar. You dint need 4wd and 120 extra lbs in Socal. The 997 has a nice *** regardless. Optimal is 2WD GTS. That's what I would pick today.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The steering on the 2WD car is more precise and also easier to rotate the car in a turn. 4WD is better for inclement weather. Both are nice in their own respective way. I live in SoCal, so went for the 2WD GTS.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:23 PM
JD911
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 53 Posts

I live in the Pacific Northwest. The C4S is perfect for my climate. For SoCal, I probably would have chosen a C2S. All depends on the need.

I don't think I'm a poser, but maybe... Is it my hairy chest, gold chains and pinky ring?!?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by JD911
I live in the Pacific Northwest. The C4S is perfect for my climate. For SoCal, I probably would have chosen a C2S. All depends on the need.

I don't think I'm a poser, but maybe... Is it my hairy chest, gold chains and pinky ring?!?
LOL - there's not a big difference. I dont think of 4S folks as poseurs. Initially i thought of getting a 4S purely for the looks. But changed to the 2S. Drove both and the 4S drives great too. 2S is a slightly different animal - steering feel, lighter, lighter in the front.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Although I recommended C2S, contrary to some have said, you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT feel the weight in C4S, and the steering feel is just as good, AND the added weight is at the right end that benefits the whole dynamics of the car! Also, there's definitely more stability and traction all around the year.

Having said that, for CA, I'd still pickup a C2S for reasons I stated earlier.
I agree, everyone acts like race car drivers here. If one was to drive both C2S and C4S back to back. 9 out of 10 will pick the C4S. It feels more stable, the C2S feels loose. The C4S feels more stable, planted, that gives you the confidence to go faster. Everyone is regurgitating what they are reading in magazines. The avg driver which is most of us will find the C4S more fun to drive. Most of the people who said C2S probably hasn't driven a C4S, just based their opinion on what they have read. Try driving them back to back at a PDE. You will know what I mean.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
I agree, everyone acts like race car drivers here. If one was to drive both C2S and C4S back to back. 9 out of 10 will pick the C4S. It feels more stable, the C2S feels loose. The C4S feels more stable, planted, that gives you the confidence to go faster. Everyone is regurgitating what they are reading in magazines. The avg driver which is most of us will find the C4S more fun to drive. Most of the people who said C2S probably hasn't driven a C4S, just based their opinion on what they have read. Try driving them back to back at a PDE. You will know what I mean.
I agree. I do, however, like being able to slide the rear of the C2s. Its more fun for me.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Setting the rear end loose is only fun if it was intended. Most people don't track their Porsches and dont want such an effect on the street. So the argument that "C2S is more fun to drive than C4S" might only be true on the track, IMO. If C2S is easier to unsettle, why is it a better choice?
I recommend to the OP to drive them back to back. I did and I ended up with a C4S. My brother did and he also ended up in a 4wd, a TT. The steering feels more solid (some call it heavy, I disagree), the car feels more planted through the corners, it's way more forgiving too.
Since when is an extra set of driving wheels a bad thing, I don't get it. And the weight increase claim? A full tank of gas adds about as much weight as an extra axle. I can't speak for others, but my car doesn't feel any slower when my gas tank is full. Just saying.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Well that clears it up! Best advice is to drive 'em both. It's hard to pose an either/or question without finding folks on both sides. It's why they make different flavors of ice cream - it's all good!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:49 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you are in OH, I think I would get the C4S, but in SoCal I would opt for the 2WD. Both are very nice cars w/out doubt. GL
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
how can one person make such a blanket statement? comic gold

anyway, to the OP - please do, go get the C4S if for anything, the stability. I have a lowly C2S and it is SCARY unstable. I mean, it should be on meds it's so unstable.

add in the fact that it is only a 997.1 (you know, that piece of **** Porsche put out to market between the 996 and, our savior, the 997.2, and before direct fuel injection saved the world).

don't ask about PDK... god knows I must have took the cheap *** route (again...read 997.1 purchase vs .2) in getting a 6 speed.

OR - go to the GT3/GT3RS board and get their opinion
Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
equ
Racer

I drove them on the track, back to back, no question C2S for me. In fact, I'd rather get a C2 than a C4S. I don't need to be on the edge of traction to enjoy rwd and its steering feel.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by equ
I drove them on the track, back to back, no question C2S for me. In fact, I'd rather get a C2 than a C4S. I don't need to be on the edge of traction to enjoy rwd and its steering feel.
but, but, but the stability????
Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Setting the rear end loose is only fun if it was intended. Most people don't track their Porsches and dont want such an effect on the street. So the argument that "C2S is more fun to drive than C4S" might only be true on the track, IMO. If C2S is easier to unsettle, why is it a better choice?
I recommend to the OP to drive them back to back. I did and I ended up with a C4S. My brother did and he also ended up in a 4wd, a TT. The steering feels more solid (some call it heavy, I disagree), the car feels more planted through the corners, it's way more forgiving too.
Since when is an extra set of driving wheels a bad thing, I don't get it. And the weight increase claim? A full tank of gas adds about as much weight as an extra axle. I can't speak for others, but my car doesn't feel any slower when my gas tank is full. Just saying.
Obv there is no right or wrong answer to the OP's question.
Some like Pepsi. I like Coke.
Some like vanilla. I like chocolate.
Some like fat chics. I like thin chics.

Quick Reply: C4S vs C2S