Sponsored by:

Need help fitting turbo rear bumper to C4S

Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
fgaston
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help fitting turbo rear bumper to C4S

Hi All:
Bought OEM 997 turbo rear bumper after being told by seller of aftermarket wings for Porsches it would fit my C4S, but facing obstacles and wondered if anybody has experience....

Per attached pictures, there is no attachment point on the car where the bottom of the bumper meets it. Shop trying to install it suggested turbo must have some kind of pan or tray below exhaust for connecting the bumper (there are tabs on the turbo bumper).

There is a molded bracket (looks like it supports the original C4S bumper) that interferes where the intercooler slots meet the C4S.

Anybody know any workarounds or parts I could order that would make this bumper fit, or did I get bad advice and am wasting time and money? Am I better off selling the bumper and is there an aftermarket bumper made for the C4S which would give the turbo look?

Much appreciated, Fred
Attached Images     
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default try the turbo forum

Looks like it will be a nice mod... I don't know the answer but suggest possibly also posting same question in the turbo forum. I added a 9977TT rear deck lid on my car and it fit with light hassle, but not sure the details on the bumper but believe it can be done just need to work around a few things... Good luck and make sure to post pics when complete.

take care

Originally Posted by fgaston
Hi All:
Bought OEM 997 turbo rear bumper after being told by seller of aftermarket wings for Porsches it would fit my C4S, but facing obstacles and wondered if anybody has experience....

Per attached pictures, there is no attachment point on the car where the bottom of the bumper meets it. Shop trying to install it suggested turbo must have some kind of pan or tray below exhaust for connecting the bumper (there are tabs on the turbo bumper).

There is a molded bracket (looks like it supports the original C4S bumper) that interferes where the intercooler slots meet the C4S.

Anybody know any workarounds or parts I could order that would make this bumper fit, or did I get bad advice and am wasting time and money? Am I better off selling the bumper and is there an aftermarket bumper made for the C4S which would give the turbo look?

Much appreciated, Fred
Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 AM
fgaston
3rd Gear

Thanks for the post. I was told the turbo wing/deck lid wouldn't fit the 997 because of the the hydraulic rams location...how did you get to work, and does the spoiler actually operate? Best, Fred
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 AM
dansaenz
AutoX

Tried to find some more information on what exactly needs to be done to make a Turbo Rear fit, but haven't found much. Did you get it work? My car is in the shop now getting the front bumper done, but want to get the back done at the same time. Any info would be helpful...

thanks,

dan
Old 10-18-2012, 06:58 AM
c4s911
Advanced

Default Rear wing

I have an 09 c4s. Just put a turbo factory wing on, Bolted right up, no adjustments, and it works/lifts just fine and all the electronics work. The challenge was to adapt the two air intakes to the intake box, but with a little adjusting, made that work just fine as well. Love it, go for it
Old 10-21-2012, 07:27 PM
fgaston
3rd Gear

Solution for fitting the turbo bumper to a 997 C4S is here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help fitting turbo rear bumper to C4S