Sponsored by:

Leather Console

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Dadio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
We usually send the B&M instructions when we provide painted consoles....it's clear, with images...just go slowly.
Replaced my console using the MCCarbon site directions. While it is not mentioned in there right up, make sure you disconnect the brake cable from the back of the brake lever before you attempt to remove the console. The attachment cam is spring loaded and with a pair of needle nose pliers can be levered against the metal brake lever housing so you can easily release the tension on the cable and disconnect it. This allows raising the brake lever high enough to lift the console over it without damaging either. Re-connecting the cable is also a simple job and the cable is self adjusting on the cam once reinstalled and should be done after the console is reinstalled but before you replace the plastic cover in the arm rest cubby.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
now if i could only find a shop that does this in toronto.

looks fantastic.
Just ship it to Detroit where I had it done. I lived in Southern Cal at the time. In your case, you're close enough to drive to Detroit to drop it off. I sent a deposit so he could order the right leather, then had him give me a week's notice before I sent it so as to reduce the total time I was without it.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:10 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dadio
Replaced my console using the MCCarbon site directions. While it is not mentioned in there right up, make sure you disconnect the brake cable from the back of the brake lever before you attempt to remove the console. The attachment cam is spring loaded and with a pair of needle nose pliers can be levered against the metal brake lever housing so you can easily release the tension on the cable and disconnect it. This allows raising the brake lever high enough to lift the console over it without damaging either. Re-connecting the cable is also a simple job and the cable is self adjusting on the cam once reinstalled and should be done after the console is reinstalled but before you replace the plastic cover in the arm rest cubby.
That is a great tip, as I found it difficult to get the console over the brake handle. I got it done, but came close to scraping the leather on the end of the handle.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

not a bad idea!

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Just ship it to Detroit where I had it done. I lived in Southern Cal at the time. In your case, you're close enough to drive to Detroit to drop it off. I sent a deposit so he could order the right leather, then had him give me a week's notice before I sent it so as to reduce the total time I was without it.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Here are the best instruction for removing your rear center console.

http://www.bmracing.com/bmracing/ins...ruction/67.pdf
This link is not working - any chance you folks could PM me where to get it or an email address to follow up?

Cheers

Matt
Old 01-30-2015, 11:36 PM
jcourtney997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics?

Anybody have this painted in Meteor Grey Metallic? I'm wondering if the silver trim color or paint to match the exterior will look better?

Of course the finish will be nicer but the color change wouldn't be too noticeable from the rubber finish to the paint in my color.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:20 AM
number9ine
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcourtney997
Anybody have this painted in Meteor Grey Metallic? I'm wondering if the silver trim color or paint to match the exterior will look better?

Of course the finish will be nicer but the color change wouldn't be too noticeable from the rubber finish to the paint in my color.
We have a painted console but went in a different direction on my wife's Seal Grey Cayman S:

We found an NOS OEM Aqua Blue console on eBay, installed it, and my wife liked it so much we had Eric at BumperPlugs paint the upper center console in the same color.

In my GT3 I have the rear center console in my car with the factory optioned leather, but it's honestly a toss-up between which I'd pick if I was going down the options list. Haven't had the time yet but I am definitely looking at getting some painted bits in the GT3. Full leather is fun but the paint is probably more durable in the long run.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by number9ine
We have a painted console but went in a different direction on my wife's Seal Grey Cayman S:

We found an NOS OEM Aqua Blue console on eBay, installed it, and my wife liked it so much we had Eric at BumperPlugs paint the upper center console in the same color.

In my GT3 I have the rear center console in my car with the factory optioned leather, but it's honestly a toss-up between which I'd pick if I was going down the options list. Haven't had the time yet but I am definitely looking at getting some painted bits in the GT3. Full leather is fun but the paint is probably more durable in the long run.
Jim Croce...nice

Quick Reply: Leather Console