Installed the Sharkwerks Pipes which replaces the 997.2 center muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Installed the Sharkwerks Pipes which replaces the 997.2 center muffler

I installed the Sharkwerks by-pass pipes today to replace the center muffler. The car sounds MUCH better. The exhaust is louder and has a deeper, more guttural sound to it. Sorry no sound clips. They are too inconsistent and subjective anyway.

Thanks to Sharky (Alex) for getting these to me BEFORE I picked up the car.

Alex was very helpful when I asked for some options and his opinion for those options. I explained what I was looking for and mentioned the two different exhaust systems I was considering 1) PSE with Sharkwerks by-pass pipes and 2)Tubi.

I asked for his feedback and he gave me his personal preference on the sound of each. He knew if I went with his recommendation, it would mean I would be buying only a portion of the PSE/Sharkwerks set up from him instead of the entire Tubi muffler system from him. I really appreciated the fact that he was "there to help" and not merely "there to sell." That meant a lot to me!

Thanks again, Alex, for all of your help!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

hey tim, congratulations on you 2010 c2s. i see you changed your avatar hahaha.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Tim congrats on getting another 911...very happy for you. I also have the Sharkwerks rear by pass pipes and I found that Sharkwerks is very honest and run a great business.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Rick, Mike,

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad to be back!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Congrats! I'm sure your car sounds great!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also enjoying the sound of my Sharkwerks bypass. Your new ride sure looks nice. Congrats.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How long to install?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:39 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

For mine about an hour. I am not a DIY person around cars. Came back to the shop a week later in my SUV to pick up center muffler in the Sharkwerks box for storage.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Little more tricky if you have PSE. See prior threads or just call Alex at Sharkwerks.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 AM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, Alex is a great guy. I made up for your bypass no-tubi though, since I was all set to get bypass pipes and when I got there, ended up going with the tubi.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

I installed the by pass on my '09 C2S about 2.5 years ago and it has been great from day one and 23,500 miles later. Still looks like new. Never any drone in the cockpit and as said, great sound. For those that have not tried it, it takes about an hour to take the OEM muffler off and install the by pass pipes. I did it with the car on the ground. Great improvement
Old 09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
I installed the Sharkwerks by-pass pipes today to replace the center muffler. The car sounds MUCH better. The exhaust is louder and has a deeper, more guttural sound to it. Sorry no sound clips. They are too inconsistent and subjective anyway.

Thanks to Sharky (Alex) for getting these to me BEFORE I picked up the car.

Alex was very helpful when I asked for some options and his opinion for those options. I explained what I was looking for and mentioned the two different exhaust systems I was considering 1) PSE with Sharkwerks by-pass pipes and 2)Tubi.

I asked for his feedback and he gave me his personal preference on the sound of each. He knew if I went with his recommendation, it would mean I would be buying only a portion of the PSE/Sharkwerks set up from him instead of the entire Tubi muffler system from him. I really appreciated the fact that he was "there to help" and not merely "there to sell." That meant a lot to me!

Thanks again, Alex, for all of your help!
Aw Tim seriously my pleasure and again so thrilled for ya! You guys on RL have always been so good to us and kept us on our toes for years

I remember a couple of weeks back a local customer with a GTS (pse and our pipe) whizzing by my office window when he left and Dan and I smiling

Originally Posted by mdrums
Tim congrats on getting another 911...very happy for you. I also have the Sharkwerks rear by pass pipes and I found that Sharkwerks is very honest and run a great business.
Thank you sir... My wife even likes it:P She's still rolls her eyes a bit on the GT3 with the sport mode on so that one isn't 100% wife approved

Originally Posted by seapar
I am also enjoying the sound of my Sharkwerks bypass. Your new ride sure looks nice. Congrats.
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by kosmo
How long to install?
About an hour or so. I can email you the instructions etc... so you can take a look. The bumper doesn't have to come off but it's easier on a lift

Originally Posted by seapar
For mine about an hour. I am not a DIY person around cars. Came back to the shop a week later in my SUV to pick up center muffler in the Sharkwerks box for storage.
A lift really does make it easier

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
Yeah, Alex is a great guy. I made up for your bypass no-tubi though, since I was all set to get bypass pipes and when I got there, ended up going with the tubi.
Thanks Kit and again enjoy!

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I installed the by pass on my '09 C2S about 2.5 years ago and it has been great from day one and 23,500 miles later. Still looks like new. Never any drone in the cockpit and as said, great sound. For those that have not tried it, it takes about an hour to take the OEM muffler off and install the by pass pipes. I did it with the car on the ground. Great improvement
hey f4 plt thanks for being one of the originals:P Dan/I look up to the way you're doing it! I hope we're Auto-X'in just the same as you in a few years
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

What are you wearing today?!?!?!
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2011, 10:13 AM
dwost
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also want to give a shout out to "Sharky" Mine should be arriving today! I will post up some clips once installed. I dropped the center last night in preparation and decided to fire it up. I'm now thinking I may want some sort of bypass to really wake up the neighbors from time to time. This thing sounds like a pissed off cup car! I will say getting to the top bolt on the driverside flange was a real PITA on my PSE equipped car.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by dwost
I also want to give a shout out to "Sharky" Mine should be arriving today! I will post up some clips once installed. I dropped the center last night in preparation and decided to fire it up. I'm now thinking I may want some sort of bypass to really wake up the neighbors from time to time. This thing sounds like a pissed off cup car! I will say getting to the top bolt on the driverside flange was a real PITA on my PSE equipped car.
1/4 in socket long extension AND a knuckle joint between the socket and the extension...... plus some good four letter words

Quick Reply: Installed the Sharkwerks Pipes which replaces the 997.2 center muffler