Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather treatment products

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Autoglym Leather cream... Available from your friendly Canadian Tire. The Queen endorses it... And, drum roll please... It's on sale 25% off right now. Very good line of British auto products. How good can it get, eh?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaylG
Do either of these products leave a shine on the leather? A shine is what I'm not looking for.
They do not. When properly used. After final wipe down (next day). Nice matte finish.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
How do you like the Z10?
Zaino Z10 is excellent. Easy to use, once the leather is cleaned properly. Smells good too.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 AM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gliptone is the Daddy.......you can just open that bottel and smelllllll the stuff!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone help or ideas on how to get rid of conditioner residue that has got stuck in sections of my perferrated seats.I have tried everything...I can not get it out.Even tried with a toothpick...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Anyone help or ideas on how to get rid of conditioner residue that has got stuck in sections of my perferrated seats.I have tried everything...I can not get it out.Even tried with a toothpick...
Hmmm... you should be able to just rub it in...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

hard bristle tooth brush and patience.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on Zaino Leather care Products. Also leaves EXCELLENT smell!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

I agree with Zaino, easy on. no wiping off, smells great. look great
Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Default cocoa

cocoa with Zaino after 4 years
Attached Images    
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Babakp
Years ago I used to buy "Hide Food" from jaguar dealerships. This was not a Jaguar bottled product, but something from a specialty UK maker. The best leather treatment product IMO. This is no longer available (at least in Toronto).
I'm sure better and cheaper specialized leather products can be found compared to seemingly overpriced bottled products from the P dealer.

Any suggestions?
I agree that Connoly's Hide food was once the best product on the market when the leather in my parents Mercedes was real leather. However, the hides in the leather have changed considerably and there are other products that wont leave the stain on it either. If you remember, to apply it you had to have a lightly dampened cloth rag and then rub it into the rag before applying. If you didn't, it would go on to heavy and could discolor the leather if applied to heavy in areas. It was a conditioner that helped the leather keep its luster and softness. I dont feel that the leather in todays Porsche's need this type of treatment these days. Many of the products that others mentioned above will suffice for todays leathers.
However, if you want some just do a search on the web and you can find it but it will have to come from some discrete location not local most likely.

Good luck in your search!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:57 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

I have been paranoid about putting the Zaino or Lexol on my seats as I have the vented seats also. I am afraid if I apply something to them the product will get stuck in the holes and that may look fairly ugly.
If anyone has actual experience getting the residue out of the holes ( Just in case) please share your experience so I can be prepared when I do have to apply it.

Most likely I will apply it to a soft cloth and rub the product in very thorough and lightly rub it into the perforated portion of the seats. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of residue that will get in the holes.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:03 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, conditioner gets stuck on the perforated seat, so a small application is needed. However any residue does go away in time. I also find that conditioner works best in heat.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 AM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're concerned about clogging the pores on vented seats, put the product on a microfiber towel. Rub it into the towel first. Make sure there arent any gobs of material on the towel. Then 'pat' it on to a section of the seat. Finally, rub/buff it gently over the entire section. Use a dry soft brush after a minute or two if any material does become clogged in the pores.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I'm also a fan of Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and Conditioner although I intend to try Zaino too. The Strong Cleaner is better than anything else I've ever used, it is a very good cleaning product for leather.

For those that are using Zaino and say it smells good, can you describe the smell? I'm not a fan of altering the smell of leather and so far Leather Masters has maintained the awesome full leather smell.

Quick Reply: Leather treatment products