Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How much oil did/will your 997.2 (C, GT2/3, Turbo, etc) consume first 5000 miles?
0, zero, zip, nada, not a drop
34.43%
1/4 to 1/2 quart
19.67%
1/2 to 3/4 quart
9.84%
1 quart
14.75%
2 quarts
6.56%
3 quarts
3.28%
4 quarts
3.28%
5 quarts
0%
6 quarts
3.28%
7 quarts
3.28%
8 quarts
1.64%
9 quarts
0%
10 quarts
0%
more than 10 quarts (please post reply actual amount)
0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How much oil has your 997.2 consumed in first 5000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Well I don't have a 911 so not completely relevant but my Spyder hasn't used any measurable oil in 2500 miles. The top bar is also lit and has remained lit even after the first oil change at 1500 miles.
You may not have a 911 but you have a DFI engine and I think that's what's important here. AND you have a really cool Spyder - I really love those cars!

I'm sure you are enjoying it immensely - do you miss the fact that it doesn't have a stereo?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrom
You may not have a 911 but you have a DFI engine and I think that's what's important here. AND you have a really cool Spyder - I really love those cars!

I'm sure you are enjoying it immensely - do you miss the fact that it doesn't have a stereo?
Thanks!

I absolutely love driving the car and it never fails to put a smile on my face. As far as the stereo goes, I added the stereo and A/C back in as options and I don't regret this. I use both regularly. I also added full leather. To make up for this added weight I'm going to install a lightweight battery in the next year or two when the stock battery dies. Everyting else is pure Spyder!

Getting back on topic........I did follow Porsche's recommended break in procedure but like a few here I had a couple of brief runs to 6000 RPM during the span. I do not notice any significant carbon build up on the exhaust tips and no smoke on start-up either.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Thanks!

I absolutely love driving the car and it never fails to put a smile on my face. As far as the stereo goes, I added the stereo and A/C back in as options and I don't regret this. I use both regularly. I also added full leather. To make up for this added weight I'm going to install a lightweight battery in the next year or two when the stock battery dies. Everyting else is pure Spyder!

Getting back on topic........I did follow Porsche's recommended break in procedure but like a few here I had a couple of brief runs to 6000 RPM during the span. I do not notice any significant carbon build up on the exhaust tips and no smoke on start-up either.
Glad to hear you don't notice any smoke or carbon build up - that means you are driving your car properly - reving it up. Some think that these cars don't need that....I for one think that is exactly what the cars need to stay healthy!

I didn't know you could add AC? Wow - guess it helps keep the cool air flow inside! I'd have done that too - must have creature comforts here in the south!

Quick Reply: Poll: How much oil has your 997.2 consumed in first 5000 miles?