Sponsored by:

997.2/GTS interior bits

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts
Default 997.2/GTS interior bits

In building and ordering my GTS, It seems there is a significant difference in the standard PCM package treatment between my 997.1 and the .2.
In the 997.2, or at least the GTS with Carrera Red interior, the PCM is now a flat black panel wheres in my 997.1 with black interior it is a plastic panel finished in kind of a charcoal metallic.
Is this really a difference in standard equipment? Or does it have to do with black vs red interiors?
Also, in building cars on the web it appears that there might be more bright aluminum-look pieces standard on the 997.2 interior whereas these pieces tend to be the darker charcoal appearance on the 997.1. Is this real or just light artifact from the computer screen?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

When Porsche introduced the 997.2 in 2009, they changed the standard color on the PCM faceplates to black.

Was/is your 997.1 a base Carrera or an S? On the 997.1 and 997.2 cars, the base Carrera had more of the volcano gray trim bits, but the S models had more alumi-look pieces. A couple of pieces that come to mind are the dash trim strip (below the glove box) and the horseshoe around the base of the shifter; these parts are volcano gray on the base Carrera but alumi-look on the S. If you look at a base vs. S on the configuration, you will see the color differences.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts

That helps a lot. Thank you. Making the pcm faceplate black seems like a bit of a step backwards imo. Maybe trying to get more of us to spring for the outrageously priced alumi look pcm panel. I don't understand that pricing at all.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
That helps a lot. Thank you. Making the pcm faceplate black seems like a bit of a step backwards imo. Maybe trying to get more of us to spring for the outrageously priced alumi look pcm panel. I don't understand that pricing at all.
Agreed. If I were going to change the faceplate, I would do the PCM faceplate in Leather. It is the same price as the aluma-look faceplate. I recently saw a Carrera Red interior with the leather faceplate and it looked very nice. Obviously you still have the black buttons, but the entire "look" just seemed to fit.

I will try to find that pic. If the car has sold, then I will not find it because I didn't save a copy.

Quick Reply: 997.2/GTS interior bits