Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 C2S 2 year service

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011 | 09:47 PM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Default 09 C2S 2 year service

Brought my C2S in for it's 2 year service. Everything was fine. I didn't even glance at the invoice before I left, but I noticed when they changed the oil they put in an oil additive. Anyone know if this is a Porsche recommendation at this point in time?

On my invoice, it's listed as: Part# ZMOA - Oil Additive

Any of you gurus have a clue? Quick internet search only came up with BG MOA oil additive. I guess I should call up and ask about what they used and if it was manufacturer recommended, but I'd figure I'd poke around here first.
Old 08-25-2011 | 02:13 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

I'm not sure any oil additive is Porsche approved. Ask the shop. And next time, ask them to skip this part. My guess is that it was a Swepco product. If you are doing proper oil and filter changes, and using a quaility Porsche approved oil, you don't require any additives.

Make sure it was an oil additive. May have also been a fuel system cleaner, and not properly named on the invoice. How much did they charge you? I'd ask for a credit, since it's not Porsche approved.
Old 08-25-2011 | 10:07 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Did you get a HPFP replacement? High pressure fuel pump from W808 service bulletin?
Old 08-25-2011 | 11:21 AM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
I'm not sure any oil additive is Porsche approved. Ask the shop. And next time, ask them to skip this part. My guess is that it was a Swepco product. If you are doing proper oil and filter changes, and using a quaility Porsche approved oil, you don't require any additives.

Make sure it was an oil additive. May have also been a fuel system cleaner, and not properly named on the invoice. How much did they charge you? I'd ask for a credit, since it's not Porsche approved.
The 2yr service was roughly $380. I'll call and ask. Not sure they did much other than the oil and filter change and replacing some O rings and seals. Oh and they also said my tires were worn out and I wouldn't pass inspection next month. Quoted me $2400 for a set of 4 "Porsche approved" tires. What a ripoff.

Originally Posted by seapar
Did you get a HPFP replacement? High pressure fuel pump from W808 service bulletin?
Yes, that was done last month when I brought the car in for a failed amplifier. My car has the Bose system and the speakers were crackling and would finally just cut out completely. Anyway, there were no problems with my last fuel pump, but it's nice to know that I got a new one anyway. I don't notice any difference with the new one.

Quick Reply: 09 C2S 2 year service