Sponsored by:

SF Bay Area Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts
Default SF Bay Area Porsche Service

My '10 DFI S had its HPFP replaced yesterday (Service Action WB08). The original pump had not exhibited a problem but PCNA decided it should be replaced. I suppose they made some internal changes to fix whatever could fail in the original design.

The work was done at Fletcher Jones (Porsche of Fremont). Even though I have two dealers much closer to me I drive to FJ because I have great confidence in the Service Department run by Gunter Feldmeier. Gunter and his team are very professional, courteous and fair cost-wise. They have been taking care of these cars for a long time and know them inside/out.

I have no financial interest in FJ but I highly recommend their service department. People who started servicing their cars there on my recommendation have thanked me for it. Try it, you'll like it!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:26 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto. I just had my 2010 GT3 serviced by Gunter (at Porsche of Fremont) on this Tuesday, and as always Gunter did an excellent job.

I too have no affiliation with Porsche of Fremont at all. The fact is that Gunter sets a great example of what a Porsche Service Manager should be -- I have been having Gunter to service all my Porsche cars for years, and everytime I drove twenty miles (passed other closer Porsche dealers, and fought heavy I880 traffic) to have Gunter serviced my Porsche cars. That says a lot.

With best regards,
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
My '10 DFI S had its HPFP replaced yesterday (Service Action WB08). The original pump had not exhibited a problem but PCNA decided it should be replaced. I suppose they made some internal changes to fix whatever could fail in the original design.

The work was done at Fletcher Jones (Porsche of Fremont). Even though I have two dealers much closer to me I drive to FJ because I have great confidence in the Service Department run by Gunter Feldmeier. Gunter and his team are very professional, courteous and fair cost-wise. They have been taking care of these cars for a long time and know them inside/out.

I have no financial interest in FJ but I highly recommend their service department. People who started servicing their cars there on my recommendation have thanked me for it. Try it, you'll like it!
Well, my last experience there was less than rosy. I've gotten good work done there in the past and have been treated well in the past but my last time there was almost 2 years ago and I haven't been back since. And I bought my car there.

Maybe things have gotten better?

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Macster

Maybe things have gotten better?
Marc: I suggest you return and give Mr. Feldmeier a chance. I am sure he will address your past concerns and recognize in you the Porsche connoisseur you are.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Ditto. I just had my 2010 GT3 serviced by Gunter (at Porsche of Fremont) on this Tuesday, and as always Gunter did an excellent job.

I too have no affiliation with Porsche of Fremont at all. The fact is that Gunter sets a great example of what a Porsche Service Manager should be -- I have been having Gunter to service all my Porsche cars for years, and everytime I drove twenty miles (passed other closer Porsche dealers, and fought heavy I880 traffic) to have Gunter serviced my Porsche cars. That says a lot.

With best regards,
no love for sonnen, or rector? curious
Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 PM
RavenDog
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Do local dealers give you a loaner even if you didn't purchase the car there? Looking to do 10K service soon and Rector is the closest. Interested in feedback also.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by RavenDog
Do local dealers give you a loaner even if you didn't purchase the car there? Looking to do 10K service soon and Rector is the closest. Interested in feedback also.

Thanks.
Not based on my experience. The only time I've received a free loaner and the only time I've received a Porsche (Boxster S) loaner was at Aristocrat Motors in Merriam KS and this is where I bought my Boxster and I had the car in for a minor warranty issue (dead key) for a few hours.

All other dealers I've had my cars in for service, minor or major, no loaner.

However, at a few dealerships I've visited and had work done I've received a non-Porsche rental car for a very good price, next to nothing.

Some of these dealers that I do considerable service business with tell me, a few times the service manager has apologized for having to deny me, that I can't receive a loaner because I have not bought the car there I'm having serviced.

But ask. I believe (maybe I've been told though I forget when and by whom) that service managers have some leeway and if they have the car (it is slow business I guess) a loaner might be available.

Anyhow, Rector has been great the couple of times I had my cars there. I haven't been there in over a year but I wouldn't expect quality to have fallen off.

As for a loaner (free or cheap) ask. Rector is one place that with the amount of business it sends a nearby rental car office I got a good rental car deal. I do not remember the particulars other than to recall under the going rate.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Just don't recommend him to to many people or I won't be able to get in when I need it :-)
Old 07-28-2011, 10:19 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RavenDog

Thanks.
When my car is in for service at FJ I get a loaner car. I purchased my car at FJ.

Hella-Buggin' did not purchase his car there. Does he get a car loaner? I think he does. I know other people who get car loans and they did not purchase the car there.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

When my car is in for service at FJ I get a loaner car. I purchased my car at FJ.

Hella-Buggin' did not purchase his car there. Does he get a car loaner? I think he does. I know other people who get car loans and they did not purchase the car there.
When I had my car in for some warranty work I was offered a panamera. Like a chump I declined and settled for a ride to BART :-). Gunter scolded me for that one but I had a crazy week at work and didn't want to hassle with traffic. FJ is about an hour from my house and there's always insane traffic on 880. I actually avoid 880 whenever possible. The crazy people in a rush and all of the work trucks are nothing but trouble. Not to mention all of the 80's american sedans jacked up on 28" rims ducking and weaving all over the place.

Last time I brought my car in for service, I got a voucher for a free car at the rental place next door. Seemed more then fair to me. At the previous dealership I had to beg to get a ride to BART which was a 1/2 mile away.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
no love for sonnen, or rector? curious
I've been treated very well at Sonnen. They are willing to match the best internet prices on parts and I've never had an issue with them on any work they've done for me. They are also very involved in doing performance upgrades on their customers cars and seem to have an appreciation for the fact that owners of these cars are going to drive them the way that they are meant to be driven. I would definitely recommend them based on my experience.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my car from Porsche Fremont, and when my first HPFP failed, I took my car there for service. I did not get a loaner car; I was given a Hyundai. It was a 4-day job to get it repaired since Porsche was short on HPFP at that time. Later I found that I was entitled to a Porsche loaner for factory warranty work, so I was not very happy about it.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
pdm12002
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rector is great

Been going for 5 years with Boxter, then Cayenne, now C4S.

Hector is the guy and Randy is the dealer. Really fantastic.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Macster
Race Director

Me too. I purchased my Turbo there and a sticker was placed on the inside of the windshield that signals I'm a preferred customer and I'm entitled to priority for car servicing and a loaner.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 PM
jdub911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would welcome some insights from some Bay Area Porsche veterans - "long time looker, first time buyer". Bought my first Porsche last week at Fremont - '12 Carrera GTS Cab, White with Black/PDK. Love this car.

My question - does anyone have any experience - good or bad - with Stevens Creek? They are closer to me, but I had a concern after I bought the GTS - went to S.C. Sunday and the sales guy literally just took a look and said "you should go back to where you bought it" and walked away. I was shocked - no money in it for him and there appeared to be no interest in having me at least as a service customer. I hate to judge the service dept. by this sales guy, so I would welcome some thoughts from those more familiar with the dealership.

(the issue: got the black CL wheels - as it turns out, when you look close... the rears are actually dark BLUE. Go figure. Can't tell unless it's in the direct sunlight. Gunter @ Fremont ordered up a new set for me already. I just wanted the guys at S.C. to take a look to see if I was seeing things)

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Porsche Service