Sponsored by:

cocoa interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I agree. My CF is limited to the backs of the sport buckets but I like the contrast with the cocoa. The belts, when in place, add a touch of sportiness too.
GREAT seats, only reason the Cocoa looks sporty!

My boss just bought a C2S Cocoa car, and it was HEAVILY discounted because of the interior. It sure is unique.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
GREAT seats, only reason the Cocoa looks sporty!

My boss just bought a C2S Cocoa car, and it was HEAVILY discounted because of the interior. It sure is unique.
Alex, thanks for the compliment (I think). Interesting that your boss would tell you that his car was "HEAVILY" discounted because of the interior he chose and apparently likes. Whatever. So what color combo do you think is super sporty? From your avatar: grey over black, grey over grey?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:50 PM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

It all depends which look you wanna go for... luxury, Cocoa is great, however if you're for a sporty look, I'd stay away!
I'm not sure I'd say 'stay away' if you're looking for sporty, but the Cocoa definitely skews toward 'luxury'.

After a lot of years driving sports cars, I'd never have considered a cocoa leather interior. Black only.
..........Short-sighted thinking, at best.
Have the GT Silver / Cocoa now. It's just stunning. Love it every time I open the door.
As far as the sporty component, I'd have it on a silver, white or possibly even a black GTS in a New York second.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:00 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Alex, thanks for the compliment (I think). Interesting that your boss would tell you that his car was "HEAVILY" discounted because of the interior he chose and apparently likes. Whatever. So what color combo do you think is super sporty? From your avatar: grey over black, grey over grey?
Well, we're also friends too from Delloite days... he was searching for a car as got jealous when he saw my car! so I had to provide input to his research. Funny enough, he's also got the bucket seats in Cocoa, similar to yours, just with white exterior.

Your car looks great man, it's very very unique, and hence not to everyone's liking. Yup, my car's Grey over black... with Alcantara. Looks great IMO, maybe boring for some but definitely sporty looking even if I miss the bucket seats!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Silver and Cocoa is a great combination. In the current configurator there's now an Expresso Natural Leather that should be quite nice too.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Hmm, it's funny, the pics posted here just doesn't inspire sportiness... it sure looks great on Panamera and oozes luxury, but honestly (no flame pls), it looks out of place in 911 IMO (and that is ONLY MY 0.2).
You drop the bomb and... expect no flames?

What's not sporty about Cocoa? Classic British roadsters had dark or brown interiors and they were quite sporty... Black is your generic interior... what's sporty about it?
Old 07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
You drop the bomb and... expect no flames?

What's not sporty about Cocoa? Classic British roadsters had dark or brown interiors and they were quite sporty... Black is your generic interior... what's sporty about it?
LOL, fair enough!

Well, it looks like a sofa and IMO (i.e. In My Opinion) it does NOT look sporty but luxurious. Black is the natural interior color of all race cars, and sure is sporty, specially if it's Alcantara interior (look at GT3, GT2, etc...).

As I said, I think it looks fantastic and very very unique, and if I ordered a Panamera that'd be my #1 interior choice.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1, come on, grey and black more sporty? right.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

LOL, fair enough!

Well, it looks like a sofa and IMO (i.e. In My Opinion) it does NOT look sporty but luxurious. Black is the natural interior color of all race cars, and sure is sporty, specially if it's Alcantara interior (look at GT3, GT2, etc...).

As I said, I think it looks fantastic and very very unique, and if I ordered a Panamera that'd be my #1 interior choice.
GT2 RS - is that not sporty?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, fair enough!

Porsche disagrees with you...

Porsche 918 RSR

Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
krysFly
Instructor

looks just like mine except all the "sporty" stuff
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 PM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The 918 RSR is more espresso than cocoa.
Espresso goes much better with that particle accelerator in the passenger footwell.
Therefore, cocoa is still not sporty.
And the configurator automatically deletes two pistons if you add cocoa to Adias' GT2.
No matter how unique - somewhat, very, extremely, or even otherworldly - you just cannot get around the fact of it's unsportyness.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
krysFly
Instructor

or your ignorance
Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by RennlistTomE
The 918 RSR is more espresso than cocoa.
Espresso goes much better with that particle accelerator in the passenger footwell.
Therefore, cocoa is still not sporty.
And the configurator automatically deletes two pistons if you add cocoa to Adias' GT2.
No matter how unique - somewhat, very, extremely, or even otherworldly - you just cannot get around the fact of it's unsportyness.
He said, tongue firmly in cheek......
Old 07-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RennlistTomE
Have the GT Silver / Cocoa now. It's just stunning. Love it every time I open the door.
Luxury? Sporty? They can mean different things to different people in different corners of the planet. Who really cares in the end.

A couple of years ago I almost bought a GT Silver on Cocoa 997TT with very low miles from a local dealership. But I waited a bit too long and somebody beat me to it. I still regret not jumping on it sooner. It's a truly super color combo, imho. Luxurious? Sporty? Meh. All that mattered to me was that the combo looked great and was a real match together (GT Silver is slightly warm.)

Quick Reply: cocoa interior