cocoa interior - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cocoa interior

 
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
  #16  
alexb76
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alexb76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,560
Default

Originally Posted by Mike in CA View Post
I agree. My CF is limited to the backs of the sport buckets but I like the contrast with the cocoa. The belts, when in place, add a touch of sportiness too.
GREAT seats, only reason the Cocoa looks sporty!

My boss just bought a C2S Cocoa car, and it was HEAVILY discounted because of the interior. It sure is unique.
alexb76 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
  #17  
Mike in CA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mike in CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,865
Default

Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post
GREAT seats, only reason the Cocoa looks sporty!

My boss just bought a C2S Cocoa car, and it was HEAVILY discounted because of the interior. It sure is unique.
Alex, thanks for the compliment (I think). Interesting that your boss would tell you that his car was "HEAVILY" discounted because of the interior he chose and apparently likes. Whatever. So what color combo do you think is super sporty? From your avatar: grey over black, grey over grey?
Mike in CA is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM
  #18  
RennlistTomE
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mainly Chicago
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post
It all depends which look you wanna go for... luxury, Cocoa is great, however if you're for a sporty look, I'd stay away!
I'm not sure I'd say 'stay away' if you're looking for sporty, but the Cocoa definitely skews toward 'luxury'.

After a lot of years driving sports cars, I'd never have considered a cocoa leather interior. Black only.
..........Short-sighted thinking, at best.
Have the GT Silver / Cocoa now. It's just stunning. Love it every time I open the door.
As far as the sporty component, I'd have it on a silver, white or possibly even a black GTS in a New York second.
RennlistTomE is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:00 PM
  #19  
alexb76
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alexb76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,560
Default

Originally Posted by Mike in CA View Post
Alex, thanks for the compliment (I think). Interesting that your boss would tell you that his car was "HEAVILY" discounted because of the interior he chose and apparently likes. Whatever. So what color combo do you think is super sporty? From your avatar: grey over black, grey over grey?
Well, we're also friends too from Delloite days... he was searching for a car as got jealous when he saw my car! so I had to provide input to his research. Funny enough, he's also got the bucket seats in Cocoa, similar to yours, just with white exterior.

Your car looks great man, it's very very unique, and hence not to everyone's liking. Yup, my car's Grey over black... with Alcantara. Looks great IMO, maybe boring for some but definitely sporty looking even if I miss the bucket seats!
alexb76 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
  #20  
ADias
Super User
 
ADias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 7,219
Default

Silver and Cocoa is a great combination. In the current configurator there's now an Expresso Natural Leather that should be quite nice too.
ADias is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 PM
  #21  
ADias
Super User
 
ADias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 7,219
Default

Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post
Hmm, it's funny, the pics posted here just doesn't inspire sportiness... it sure looks great on Panamera and oozes luxury, but honestly (no flame pls), it looks out of place in 911 IMO (and that is ONLY MY 0.2).
You drop the bomb and... expect no flames?

What's not sporty about Cocoa? Classic British roadsters had dark or brown interiors and they were quite sporty... Black is your generic interior... what's sporty about it?
ADias is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
  #22  
alexb76
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alexb76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,560
Default

Originally Posted by ADias View Post
You drop the bomb and... expect no flames?

What's not sporty about Cocoa? Classic British roadsters had dark or brown interiors and they were quite sporty... Black is your generic interior... what's sporty about it?
LOL, fair enough!

Well, it looks like a sofa and IMO (i.e. In My Opinion) it does NOT look sporty but luxurious. Black is the natural interior color of all race cars, and sure is sporty, specially if it's Alcantara interior (look at GT3, GT2, etc...).

As I said, I think it looks fantastic and very very unique, and if I ordered a Panamera that'd be my #1 interior choice.
alexb76 is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:30 PM
  #23  
krysFly
User
 
krysFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 232
Default

+1, come on, grey and black more sporty? right.
krysFly is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM
  #24  
ADias
Super User
 
ADias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 7,219
Default

Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post
LOL, fair enough!

Well, it looks like a sofa and IMO (i.e. In My Opinion) it does NOT look sporty but luxurious. Black is the natural interior color of all race cars, and sure is sporty, specially if it's Alcantara interior (look at GT3, GT2, etc...).

As I said, I think it looks fantastic and very very unique, and if I ordered a Panamera that'd be my #1 interior choice.
GT2 RS - is that not sporty?

ADias is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:11 PM
  #25  
Mspeedster
User
 
Mspeedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,105
Default

Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post
LOL, fair enough!

Well, it looks like a sofa and IMO (i.e. In My Opinion) it does NOT look sporty but luxurious. Black is the natural interior color of all race cars, and sure is sporty, specially if it's Alcantara interior (look at GT3, GT2, etc...).

As I said, I think it looks fantastic and very very unique, and if I ordered a Panamera that'd be my #1 interior choice.
Porsche disagrees with you...

Porsche 918 RSR

Mspeedster is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 PM
  #26  
krysFly
User
 
krysFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 232
Default

looks just like mine except all the "sporty" stuff
krysFly is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 PM
  #27  
RennlistTomE
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mainly Chicago
Posts: 127
Default

The 918 RSR is more espresso than cocoa.
Espresso goes much better with that particle accelerator in the passenger footwell.
Therefore, cocoa is still not sporty.
And the configurator automatically deletes two pistons if you add cocoa to Adias' GT2.
No matter how unique - somewhat, very, extremely, or even otherworldly - you just cannot get around the fact of it's unsportyness.
RennlistTomE is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:38 PM
  #28  
krysFly
User
 
krysFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 232
Default

or your ignorance
krysFly is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
  #29  
Mike in CA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mike in CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,865
Default

Originally Posted by RennlistTomE View Post
The 918 RSR is more espresso than cocoa.
Espresso goes much better with that particle accelerator in the passenger footwell.
Therefore, cocoa is still not sporty.
And the configurator automatically deletes two pistons if you add cocoa to Adias' GT2.
No matter how unique - somewhat, very, extremely, or even otherworldly - you just cannot get around the fact of it's unsportyness.
He said, tongue firmly in cheek......
Mike in CA is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 AM
  #30  
Canyon56
User
 
Canyon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,244
Default

Originally Posted by RennlistTomE View Post
Have the GT Silver / Cocoa now. It's just stunning. Love it every time I open the door.
Luxury? Sporty? They can mean different things to different people in different corners of the planet. Who really cares in the end.

A couple of years ago I almost bought a GT Silver on Cocoa 997TT with very low miles from a local dealership. But I waited a bit too long and somebody beat me to it. I still regret not jumping on it sooner. It's a truly super color combo, imho. Luxurious? Sporty? Meh. All that mattered to me was that the combo looked great and was a real match together (GT Silver is slightly warm.)
Canyon56 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cocoa interior


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: