Sponsored by:

cocoa interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 PM
mulepacker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cocoa interior

I'm in the process of selecting the options/colors for a new vehicle and have been somewhat intrigued by the Silver/Cocoa combination. However, I wonder if one would easily get tired of the combination? The reason I ask is if it's such a desirable combination, why are there so few used silver/cocoa combinations for sale, both on dealer lots and used? I would love to hear from someone who currently or previously owned the cocoa interior. Would you or did you purchase it again?

Also, I see now that Porsche offers an Espresso labeled color rather then Cocoa. Can anyone describe the difference between the two colors?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

I recall two different cocoas. One is a cocoa natural leather, the other is the painted on one that looks like a couch you would find in an attorney's office.

Many who order cars (dealer's sales guys) order very conservatively. Silver over black. Cocoa looks really nice if it's the natural version. The other one looks a bit fake to me.

Have not seen the Espresso for a 911 yet.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by mulepacker
I'm in the process of selecting the options/colors for a new vehicle and have been somewhat intrigued by the Silver/Cocoa combination. However, I wonder if one would easily get tired of the combination? The reason I ask is if it's such a desirable combination, why are there so few used silver/cocoa combinations for sale, both on dealer lots and used? I would love to hear from someone who currently or previously owned the cocoa interior. Would you or did you purchase it again?

Also, I see now that Porsche offers an Espresso labeled color rather then Cocoa. Can anyone describe the difference between the two colors?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
One of my P cars is an 2004 Anniversary Model Boxster S with GT Silver exterior and Cocoa Interior and Roof. I LOVE it! It's very rich looking and I would definitely do it again. I was unsure before I got it but I like it SO MUCH more than plain black.

I've included 2 photos I took to show someone a few years ago. The quality of the photos is terrible but hopefully you'll get the idea.
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
Lastdragon (02-26-2023)
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 AM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I specifically looked for silver/cocoa combo. The cocoa I have came with a almost full carbon fiber interior which makes it just great.
The combination of the elegant brown with the ultra modern cf is very special (to me at least)

In time if you get used to cocoa (or any other interior color) you can always spruce it up with cf or other accents.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I have Arctic Silver/Cocoa and absolutely love it. I also had it in a Boxster S that I owned for a couple of years. I think it is a beautiful combo and I have never regretted getting it. Had some trouble with getting a decent color representation with the silver and darker interior together, so the pics really don't do it justice. BTW, Espresso is a shade or two darker than Cocoa, but would also look good with Silver, IMO.

Edit: I don't know if it's just the photos, but the cocoa in post 3 looks quite a bit darker than mine.
Attached Images   
Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Basalt Black exterior and Cocoa interior. I have to say owning the car for several years that I have not grown tired of Cocoa. If anything, I've grown to love my Cocoa interior even more. Black and Silver are pretty common exterior colors, so having a Cocoa interior makes my 911 feel a bit more special to me. I've not seen the Espresso, not sure how it's different.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Carrara
Instructor

If you do leather to sample you can get cocoa, but besides that, Porsche doesn't have cocoa for any of it's current cars. It's been replaced by, as you said, Espresso. Cocoa is my favorite interior colour, and in my opinion, espresso is hideous. It's lighter, and very de-saturated.

Espresso is nothing like cocoa at all. Cocoa is absolutely gorgeous, espresso, not so much.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:34 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just saw a silver/cocoa GTS at the local dealer this weekend. Looked great.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Carrara
Cocoa is my favorite interior colour, and in my opinion, espresso is hideous. It's lighter, and very de-saturated.
Are you sure? I'm almost certain Espresso is darker than Cocoa. I've seen it in the two tone Cayenne interior, and it's very dark.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

It all depends which look you wanna go for... luxury, Cocoa is great, however if you're for a sporty look, I'd stay away!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:39 AM
iowaporsche
1st Gear

Cocoa is an excellent color. I would get deviated black carpet though as the cocoa carpet has an off maroon color to it.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Hmm, it's funny, the pics posted here just doesn't inspire sportiness... it sure looks great on Panamera and oozes luxury, but honestly (no flame pls), it looks out of place in 911 IMO (and that is ONLY MY 0.2).
Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 PM
krysFly
Instructor

I'll post pics of my cocoa with carbon fiber, I think its very sporty with a touch of elegance
Old 07-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by krysFly
I'll post pics of my cocoa with carbon fiber, I think its very sporty with a touch of elegance
I agree. My CF is limited to the backs of the sport buckets but I like the contrast with the cocoa. The belts, when in place, add a touch of sportiness too.
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
krysFly
Instructor

wow, those seats would complete my look!

Quick Reply: cocoa interior