Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 mystery

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011 | 12:05 PM
911SSSS
Track Day

Default 997.1 mystery

Recently picked up a 07 C2S. Has an ipod connector coming in the back of the console compartment and figured out it has a NAV-TV module for the ipod. Would like to update the software but can't find the module? I have looked under the passenger seat, in the battery and dvd compartment but no luck. Would like to not have to pull out the console to find it - any ideas where it could be?
Also in with the manuals is a manual for a K40 radar and laser, but don't hear any bells or clicks at start up to say it is still in the car. There is a 1&1/2 inch bumper plug in the front bumper so assume if that was still in the car it is behind that plug?
Appreciate any help or suggestions, Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011 | 01:13 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Take a peek behind the PCM. To access it simply pull off one of the small carpeted side pieces--see photo one from this installation guide.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ion-guide.html
Old 07-16-2011 | 02:01 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SSSS
Recently picked up a 07 C2S. Has an ipod connector coming in the back of the console compartment and figured out it has a NAV-TV module for the ipod. Would like to update the software but can't find the module? I have looked under the passenger seat, in the battery and dvd compartment but no luck. Would like to not have to pull out the console to find it - any ideas where it could be?
Also in with the manuals is a manual for a K40 radar and laser, but don't hear any bells or clicks at start up to say it is still in the car. There is a 1&1/2 inch bumper plug in the front bumper so assume if that was still in the car it is behind that plug?
Appreciate any help or suggestions, Thanks!
I bought a used 08 and it had NavTV iPod and Sat radio - I found the sat radio module in the trunk in a small compartment right above the nav unit. Never looked for the iPod module - probably behind the PCM as Dan suggested. Previous owner had a K40 also but either he removed or someone at the dealer removed. I had 2 clues that a K40 was installed - they left behind the remote in the center console plus I was pairing my wife's phone to the Bluetooth in her car (parked next to the 997) and it recognized a K40 BT device. I finally found it - it was mounted in the driver's side taillight recess...so whoever removed it left behind some parts.

Quick Reply: 997.1 mystery