Sponsored by:

Trade in value

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
MG's Fast Fish
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade in value

Do you guys think this is fair, dealer trade offer (not from a Porsche dealer).

09 911 Carrera, 3000 miles, pristine condition.
Arctic Silver
Power/Comfort Seats
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Front Seats
Bluetooth
Bose Pkg.
Floor Mats
Universal Audio Interface

60K offer.

Dealer called other dealerships including a Porsche dealer, and they were going with 55K, which was quickly rejected.

Dealer trade would be best--health problems, given that, 60K fair?

TIA.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:51 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most recent I could find with manhiem Auction results
2009 C2
06/07/11 OHIO Regular $58,000 20,700 Avg BLACK 6G 6 No
2010 C2's
06/03/11 NEVADA Lease $69,900 13,116 Avg BEIGE 6G A Yes
06/29/11 PALM BCH Regular $75,000 9,235 Avg BLACK 6G 6 Yes

probably not too many ever go through auction. Very Nice car, somewhat easy to sell and great miles.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 AM
MG's Fast Fish
Advanced

pewter,

thanks for the input. much appreciated!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty pathetic when you are offered wholesale value instead of trade-in value. Why do we even have trade-in values listed when most of the dealers don't use them . . .
Old 07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending on your urgency, you should put out a feeler here.
Best of luck on that health thing BTW.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Pretty pathetic when you are offered wholesale value instead of trade-in value. Why do we even have trade-in values listed when most of the dealers don't use them . . .
You can pretty much be assured that whatever service you use to determine value (KBB, Edmunds, etc.), the offer from the dealer will be less than the lowest number the service provides whether it's trade, retail, private party. On the other hand if a dealer is offering a used car for sale you can be assured that the ask will always be higher than any number the service provides - they like to have it both ways!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 PM
MG's Fast Fish
Advanced

Well, sorry to say guys, I'm not longer a Porsche owner. I traded for a new E350 4matic. This was really not a pleasant week of trading a car I really enjoy, but it was time. Someday, I'll order another Porsche--with exactly what I want on it.

The 350 is a boat, but a comfortable one that I don't have a problem driving year round. We have some concern over pacemaker interference. Next step is a defibrillator so, after mulling things over it was time to maximize what I could on trade. MB guys stepped up for a decent trade and deal on a new car.

I'll check in, and big thumbs up to you guys--great forum!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MG's Fast Fish
Well, sorry to say guys, I'm not longer a Porsche owner. I traded for a new E350 4matic. This was really not a pleasant week of trading a car I really enjoy, but it was time. Someday, I'll order another Porsche--with exactly what I want on it.

The 350 is a boat, but a comfortable one that I don't have a problem driving year round. We have some concern over pacemaker interference. Next step is a defibrillator so, after mulling things over it was time to maximize what I could on trade. MB guys stepped up for a decent trade and deal on a new car.

Most important thing is your health. Be well. You made the right decision.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:41 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by MG's Fast Fish

Long ago I gave up my 18 month old 993 Targa after I told my biggest client to go to hell, leased an E320 for a while til I got back on my feet. Obviously your health is more important that any car and you made a good switch.

Good luck with health issues and hope you can find your way back into the fold eventually. (I actually found that my desire to get back to a pcar was a really good motivating force.)

And BTW, dealer trade prices usually suck, but then selling a car yourself generally sucks too.

Quick Reply: Trade in value