Addicted to Griots

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

their tools: foaming nozzle, various connectors, small items... are POS. i have broken many of them. lots of CHEAP plastic stuff. the quality of those things have SERIOUSLY degraded from the old griot garage.
I agree, many of the products they sell aren't as good as they used to be. The vacuum cleaner is a glaring example of this. The first one lasted 2.5 years and the rest have barely managed to last a year. I'm sure I will be sending my current one back before the end of the summer, the electrical wire is already starting to fray at the inlet of the vacuum and it won't be long before it short circuits.

At least some of there stuff is still top notch and worth the extra money paid like those cabinets!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

+1 for their quality and guarantee. I have both their large and small orbital buffers. Valuable tools. I can't wait to try the new HD wheel cleaner.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:18 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Been buying from them for years. Their stuff is good and they stand behind it.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:44 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks. I did NOT need another pair of shoes...
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

You call your affinity for Griot's an addiction? Rookie

It's just beginning

Old 07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 164 Posts

Holy crap! That's just amazing. Scary. But, amazing.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Pro Detailer??? I can't imagine a mortal home owner with all those detailing products.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:53 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

20 or so years ago, got the first Griot's catalogue, ordered some things, and have ordered thousands of dollars since. I have a low 3 digit customer number, kinda fun to give it to whomever takes my phone order, they always say "you are missing some numbers." Over the years, I have had four pictures of my cars in his catalogues, and he used to run a quote of mine about tools when he sold the Facom tools. There are other places to buy car detailing things, often cheaper, and I am sure of high quality. Same with Tire Rack, been with them since they started, long before they even had a computer system.

With both companies, if i have a problem with something, they don't bother to ask for a return or anything, they just send me a replacement. Even expensive tires, or tools.

Both companies have always given me excellent product and service, so I see no need to go elsewhere.

By the way, my 997's gages went blank, radio screen blank, car ran fine, so Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte replaced something called the controller today, it apportions electricity to places, it failed, warranty repair, would have cost me about $450 or so. Always good to be back on the road.

Going down to Charleston this weekend, last trip got a nail on the Widowmaker road, the back road to Kiawah, tire warranty put on a new rear Rosso.

So far, thankful for CPO and tire warranty, about half paid off so far in the past month.

All the best from Upstate SC....

Quick Reply: Addicted to Griots