Sponsored by:

Addicted to Griots

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 AM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Addicted to Griots

The new catalog just came in the mail. I must have dropped several hundred since getting my 911 in March.

Seriously thinking of going "all the way" with clay and random orbital. Any of you folks use their stuff? I see references on here to Zaino, Swissvax, etc.

The free shipping is like crack rock.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I've been using many of Griots products for almost 10 years now. I really like their Vinyl/Rubber conditioner which I use on all exterior trim parts for new and old cars. Their interior cleaner is also excellent and delicate.

I also have their Random Orbital which is essentially a rebadged porter cable 7424XP but Griots offers a lifetime replacement and yes I have already burned out one of their orbitals and they replaced it immediately. Their portable vacuum is also awesome and very handy for cleaning/detailing the interior and drying the exterior but it's a bit delicate. I've managed to kill three so far and the fourth isn't looking too good. They have replaced all of them without question but I almost feel bad about it.

Their orange polishing pads are excellent if you need to perform paint correction but I use it with Meguiars polishes rather than the Griots polishes.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:51 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I use a lot of there stuff....orbital, foam pads, leather cleaners and dressings, and some polishes but I really like Mezerna for polish and wax products
Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 164 Posts

Griot's sells high quality products. I love their Interior Cleaner, takes jean dye off leather with ease. Also, Speed Shine is a car-care staple.
You might pay a little more for Griot's stuff, but it's worth it.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I use a lot of there stuff....orbital, foam pads, leather cleaners and dressings, and some polishes but I really like Mezerna for polish and wax products
windex and garden hose works wonders too.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

They have an excellent return policy if something fails or doesn't work right. It offsets that you are paying a bit more for things from him in the first place.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

OK, so it's not just me. I also find their youtube.com tutorials hilarious.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i like the car wash bucket and speed shine. Dont really care for the polish and wax .
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

should be a rule about posting this kind of stuff. I visited the Griots site out of curiousity and dropped $60 just to sample a few things.

damn!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

You got off easy! I may drop $50 on those cool new vintage car t-shirts.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM
DLennox
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the 6" buffer last year and the 3" buffer just arrived yesterday. I use a lot of their products and am pretty satisfied. I do make it a point to only order when there is a special, though. My last order had a 15% discount and free shipping, so the cost is pretty comparable to a lot of other products. My favorite has to be the spray on wax, love the smell!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 AM
sfrank
Advanced

Originally Posted by Domer911
should be a rule about posting this kind of stuff. I visited the Griots site out of curiousity and dropped $60 just to sample a few things.

damn!
I agree! Did the same thing on Adamspolishes.com last week. Over $500 of curiosity! Watched a video on the site...bought the product.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:31 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Random orbiter has saved me a few times. Except for true deep scratches in paint, it helps clean up scuffs and scratches. Helped me clean up a couple cars before selling them or turning them in at lease end. Once my wife scraped a black Mercedes loaner agains a white fence post. It looked really bad, but after a buffing it looked just all the other mild blemishes already on the car.

Love speed shine. Usually do a quick clean up job before going to nice place . . . where I smell like speed shine. Love the smell of their car wash soap. Love the boar's hair wash brush. I thought their micro fiber clothes were over priced but after trying some cheaper versions, I appreciate the Griot ones even more.

I did try the wheel cleaner and wasn't too impressed.

Skip the Griot website and buy on Amazon. I've also seen both of their orbiter kits in their gold box deal section at really good prices if you're not in a rush.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,648 Likes on 2,325 Posts

been their custom for 15 years.
speedshine and liquid wax are wonderful in b/n washes.
also, if u have good coat of wax on car, just wash it, then before you dry it, mix speedshine with liquid wax 1:1, spray on to wet car, then wipe dry.

have both of their orbitals, the bigger one is a porter cable unit.

their polish and wax are ok, other brands are equally as good such as menzerna, one grand blitz, p21s etc. take your pick.

their tools: foaming nozzle, various connectors, small items... are POS. i have broken many of them. lots of CHEAP plastic stuff. the quality of those things have SERIOUSLY degraded from the old griot garage.

they also rebrand "lista" cabinets. u can buy direct from lista and configure them any way you want. those make snap on tool box like child's toy. if you want the best tool cabinets, lista is it. NO SUBSTITUTE.
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Max77
Intermediate

They do good work, I usually do most of my shopping w/them when I get coupons/offers from them. Have their wash bucket I use for all my washes, though some of their products can be had from similar dealers for cheaper. Their wheel cleaner is great.

Quick Reply: Addicted to Griots