Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership fail

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011 | 02:51 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Default Dealership fail *update*

In addition to missing the bad horn of the original thread (below) . . .

I changed my oil and there was no washer between the plug and the pan. Also, the plug was over torqued, AND there were magic marker lines on the plug and the pan - I guess so the mechanic to tighten the plug to the same spot (with the washer or w/o?).

I replaced the plug and the washer and torqued it properly.

I called the service dept manager - he looked up the mechanic that did the work, seemed a little apologetic, more apathetic. I didnt revisit the horn issue.

I dont think I will be going back to this dealership unless absolutely necessary.

So I take my '05 997 into the stealership for the 20K service.

They have an elaborate printed flyer that has the list of service/inspections that will be performed and the price - no problem, so far so good.

Problem is, one of the horns is inop ( I found this out at another dealer ppi a few months ago) they checked the box saying they inspected the horns and are they are working fine.

Now I wonder what else they were suppose to inspect and didnt. I can see the tech sitting in the drivers seat, listening to the radio checking off items tossing the list over to the passenger seat.

Now it gets interesting - today PCNA emails me a survey about my recent service visit. I checked poor in one of the questions about quality of service and submit. Less than 5 minutes later the dealership calls me about the survey.

He says he's sorry. He'll fix it for free if he has to, please bring it in at your convenience, etc. I dont want anything for free. I just want what I pay for actually done.

Last edited by BHMav8r; 08-15-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2011 | 04:42 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

I once filled out one of those surveys with a low rating (justified) and got an equally quick phone call from the dealership. I am with you on getting it done right the first time but nobody is perfect. At least they are making an effort to rectify, as they did successfully in my case.
Old 06-27-2011 | 06:31 PM
DMoore
Pro

Those surveys are *very* important to the dealers. ANY negatives will adversely affect their ability to get car allotments and other consideration from PCNA. My dealership has always implored that if I have any issues with service, to tell them and let them address it before I "ding" them in a survey.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S
Old 06-27-2011 | 06:35 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

On the other hand, if a dealership performs extremely well, write to Atlanta. Tell them. In time the dealership will be eating out of your hand!
Old 06-28-2011 | 11:08 AM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
On the other hand, if a dealership performs extremely well, write to Atlanta. Tell them. In time the dealership will be eating out of your hand!
Hmmm. Good point. to whom write to and what is mailing address? Do you have a link I may reference?
Old 06-28-2011 | 04:28 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Here's the contact from the survey . . .

Thank you for your time and your continued Porsche Passion. If you have any questions or comments, please contact 1-800-PORSCHE or XXXXXX Porsche.

Sincerely,

Andrew Pine
General Manager, Customer Relations
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Sincerely,

Andrew Pine
General Manager, Customer Relations
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

This email was sent by:
Porsche Cars North America
980 Hammond Drive, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328
USA

www.porscheusa.com

Last edited by BHMav8r; 06-28-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2011 | 06:01 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Same thing happened to me- I was just trying to be honest and thought they would appreciate the information. I said that their website to make appointments didn't work, they only had one service advisor and he was overloaded- the only complaints I made. I got a call the next day from the GM telling me they had disabled their website because they had too much business...they knew how much workload the service advisor had etc. He was obviously upset.

I was treated politely but very coldly the next time I went there (to replace a tire pressure monitor which they didn't have in stock so I had to go back again).

No survey request that time.

I'd change dealerships but this one is five minutes from home. Now I just go there as infrequently as possible and if I need major work I'll definitely go somewhere else. Sad because the service advisor is a GREAT guy and an avid enthusiast- and I bet they beat up on him.
Old 06-28-2011 | 09:59 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

I went back today and they replaced the horn at no charge. I told him I didnt want want a freebee - let me at least pay for the parts - nope.

I explained that all but one question on the survey were favorable. He said he understood and they just want me to come back in the future.

They let me inspect the undercarriage for about twenty minutes with a flashlight while it was up on the rack. Everything looked great - no leaks or moist areas anywhere I could see or touch.

I think they have a pretty efficient system for folowing up on services. The dealership was in touch very quickly after the survey and went beyond what the had to do to resolve it.

BTW - there is a HUGE difference in the sound of the horn with the second one operative - much louder and braoder frequency - I guess thats why they use two.

Last edited by BHMav8r; 06-29-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2011 | 12:21 AM
Zdascope
Intermediate

Glad to hear they made it right. But I agree with your original point completely. Don't pretend to do work... and then not do it!
Old 06-29-2011 | 10:09 AM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

If you plan on using the dealership for regular service, you are better off calling the dealership and complaining directly to them about service problems. They will appreciate that you didn't try and screw 'em on the survey. They have long memories.
Old 06-29-2011 | 12:36 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Wonder what type of response I'd gotten w/o the survey?

I agree with you.

I really wasnt trying to screw them - the survey sowed up in my inbox - I filled it out honestly. All but one of the questions were positive. The poor one fit the situation. In the comments section, I qualified the one poor answer and complimented the dealership.
Old 06-29-2011 | 01:24 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Isn't there an option to disclose who you are to the dealership in the survey? Did the op do so?
Old 06-29-2011 | 03:05 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by BHMav8r
I went back today and they replaced the horn at no charge. I told him I didnt want want a freebee - let me at least pay for the parts - nope.

I explained that all but one question on the survey were favorable. He said he understood and they just want me to come back in the future.

They let me inspect the undercarriage for about twenty minutes with a flashlight while it was up on the rack. Everything looked great - no leaks or moist areas anywhere I could see or touch.

I think they have a pretty efficient system for folowing up on services. The dealership was in touch very quickly after the survey and went beyond what the had to do to resolve it.

BTW - there is a HUGE difference in the sound of the horn with the second one operative - much louder and braoder frequency - I guess thats why they use two.
There should be no need for you to offer to pay for the parts. There were numerous defective horns, at least on the 07 models. They replaced the faulty horn on my 07 T4S for no charge. Glad your issue was resolved.
Old 06-29-2011 | 03:50 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Isn't there an option to disclose who you are to the dealership in the survey? Did the op do so?
There was the option on the survey to remian anonymous
Old 06-29-2011 | 07:33 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by BHMav8r
There was the option on the survey to remian anonymous
That's what I thought! As far as I know, from people very high up in Porsche, MB and BMW, it's a big deal!!!!

Quick Reply: Dealership fail