Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership fail

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,790 Likes on 1,767 Posts

In addition to missing the bad horn of the original thread (below) . . .

I changed my oil and there was no washer between the plug and the pan. Also, the plug was over torqued, AND there were magic marker lines on the plug and the pan - I guess so the mechanic to tighten the plug to the same spot (with the washer or w/o?).

I replaced the plug and the washer and torqued it properly.

I called the service dept manager - he looked up the mechanic that did the work, seemed a little apologetic, more apathetic. I didnt revisit the horn issue.

I dont think I will be going back to this dealership unless absolutely necessary.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Av8r, Given your avatar, we likely share the same dealer. I also have been less than impressed. Have you tried Momentum or Eurasian?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

I love Eurasian - great guys, very knowledgeable, and fairly priced. Talked to Momentum a few times but have not had the opportunity to use them yet.

I typically stay away from the stealerships unless I have to, proprietary info, etc. I used them for the 20K service, even though my newly purchased 2005 997 was out of warranty to have it gone over thoroughly for piece of mind - didnt quite work out that way.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 AM
BED997
Rennlist Member

I also like Eurasian. We both have 05 997s. Have you thought about using Eurasian for the (dreaded three letter word) bearing upgrade or maybe a water pump preventative maintenance?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
Those surveys are *very* important to the dealers. ANY negatives will adversely affect their ability to get car allotments and other consideration from PCNA. My dealership has always implored that if I have any issues with service, to tell them and let them address it before I "ding" them in a survey.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S
I envy the relationship some of you have with your dealer.
I have not ripped my dealership a new one with the survey as has been justified by various failures, however they seem apathetic about my reaction to their service. They also are dealers for Mazerati and Ferrari so maybe that explains it! Porsche dealers around me are scattered. I am considering another for service though. None of the P dealers are local to my home.

I really miss the guys I dealt with locally at the Chevy dealer when I had the Vette. We knew one another and they seemed to care what I thought about the service there. They weren't perfect by any standard but they worked well with me.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

We have only one p-dealer here so unless the they really screw up and damage the car somehow... I'll just avoid the survey all together if they're not on top of it. And now that I've found a good SR to work with there things are running much smother. I've also gotten into the habit of emailing them with everything I need/want done in writing.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:55 AM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

I have thought about some preventative maintenance with Eurasian - but I'm delaying it as my car only has 26,000 miles. Maybe around 50,000 miles or if something else needs fixing that would require an engine drop (new clutch?). I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Aside . . . when I bought my 92 cab, I had them completely go over the car, do a major 60,000 mile service, replace all the fluids & belts, tweek some oil leaks, and put on new brakes and rotors. They did a post purchase PPI and filmed it and put it on YouTube ! I watched it at my office rather than having to go to the shop!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:17 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

I've seen some of the Eurasian tech videos on YouTube. The owner is /was an aircraft mechanic which is reassuring. I have some CPO warranty left and plan to use them once I'm doing more services on my nickel. Good luck with the car- hope to see you around town!

Quick Reply: Dealership fail