Sponsored by:

Using CPO this week for PCM...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:43 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Using CPO this week for PCM...

I have noticed that my radio keeps changing the station without any inputs. It does it intermittently but yesterday it went on for 20 min while doing some highway driving. I have heard of some people being denied warranty replacement due to liquid spills. I am obviously going to make sure that there are no signs of liquids on the module. I hardly ever drink in the car so this should not have caused the problem anyway. Can anyone give me some advice on how to increase my chances of getting this fixed under my CPO warranty? I am concerned that they may not find the problem since it is intermittent.
On a side note, my TPMS stopped working yesterday for one drive causing the TPMS warning on the instrument cluster to come on. It seems to be fine today. I am going to ask the dealership to check this as well. Any thoughts on this issue too would be appreciated.

Thanks
Constantine
Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
I have noticed that my radio keeps changing the station without any inputs. It does it intermittently but yesterday it went on for 20 min while doing some highway driving. I have heard of some people being denied warranty replacement due to liquid spills. I am obviously going to make sure that there are no signs of liquids on the module. I hardly ever drink in the car so this should not have caused the problem anyway. Can anyone give me some advice on how to increase my chances of getting this fixed under my CPO warranty? I am concerned that they may not find the problem since it is intermittent.
On a side note, my TPMS stopped working yesterday for one drive causing the TPMS warning on the instrument cluster to come on. It seems to be fine today. I am going to ask the dealership to check this as well. Any thoughts on this issue too would be appreciated.

Thanks
Constantine
The tech will know soon enough if fluid spills have occurred.

Just relate the conditions under which the symptoms appear and what the symptoms are.

If you -- editioral 'you' not you specifically cause I"m sure you'd never do this -- but if you try to embellish the situation, try to come up with symptoms that make ( at least in your eyes ) the symptoms appear more severe, and so on, you could talk yourself out of a warranty fix.

Almost always your car is not the 1st car in for this and generally the factory is very specific about what the symptoms have to be and not be before the techs are free to do something about the problem.

Regardless though be sure you get the symptoms and your comments noted on some paperwork and keep a copy for your records. You want to establish you have had the car in for this so if the symptom appears again you have some history of having had the car in for this problem and this gives you more leverage in the future to get it addressed.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Using CPO this week for PCM...