Originally Posted by acao
The b-pillars have coat hooks.
They do? I'll be damned.

G
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM
sfrank
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip cpbmd....I've been trying to shut that off for a week now!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cam2008
For example, using BMW as an example: If you hold the unlock button on the key fob long enough the Windows will go down (when unlocking the car)....
Yes, this can be performed by the dealer. Also, when locking the car and holding down the button the windows will close. Just be nice during your next service and they may do it for free.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:45 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey in FL
Yes, this can be performed by the dealer. Also, when locking the car and holding down the button the windows will close. Just be nice during your next service and they may do it for free.
I can't quite see the value when unlocking the car. Now, a lot of cars have a feature that lowers the windows when locking the car. The better implementations lower the window only a fixed distance that retains security, say two inches. But I don't think I've ever seen a car locally that lowered the windows when being unlocked. Conversely, we wouldn't have any use for a "close the windows when you get out" feature. Perhaps someone in San Diego or the South of France would like that.

Of course, we live in a very hot desert. Leaving the windows up while the car is parked not only dries and cracks the interior soft goods, but it also creates a nice toasty interior around 140 F. It's a pain to forget while locking up and have to get back in and insert the key to lower the windows a touch. But when getting in the car, it takes about half a second's pressure on the switches to start both windows going down all the way. That means the gain from an 'automatic' key fob lowering is minimal at best, whereas the cost of accidentally enabling that feature on a rainy winter day... Well, doing it once would overwhelm any pleasure I ever got from doing it on hot Summer days.

Don't think I'll be asking the dealer to program this one,

Gary
Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
If the side mirror adjustment **** is turned and kept in the right (passenger) position, when you put the car in reverse (manual transmission), the passenger side mirror will automatically angle down so you can see the curb. It is a great feature but you have to wait about 5 seconds for it to happen. It is worth the wait
This feature comes with the power seat option. Without power seats, you can get this feature by installing a SmartTop device.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
Don't recall if this is a stock feature or due to my SmartTop install but without keys in ignition and you press OBC stalk down both windows crank down (or up if stalk moved up).
For some reason, this feature doesn't work on my 06 C2S cab, whereas it did on my 05 C2S cab. I believe the 06 had some minor difference in electrical system that causes this.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
This feature comes with the power seat option. Without power seats, you can get this feature by installing a SmartTop device.
Power seat option or memory seat option or are they the same. I thought you needed the memory seats for the mirror tilt.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When low on fuel, it gives a very poetic warning about it.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Power seat option or memory seat option or are they the same. I thought you needed the memory seats for the mirror tilt.
I believe all seats with full power adjustment also have memory function. But you're correct, it is the seat memory function that provides passenger mirror tilt when reverse gear is selected. I love it, as it helps prevent curb rash when parallel parking. (I set the mirror so I can see my rear wheel).
Old 06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the passenger side window is not 1 touch?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
the passenger side window is not 1 touch?
1 touch down, not up until you get past the half way point - it's in the owner's manual.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1 touch down, not up until you get past the half way point - it's in the owner's manual.
I see said the blind man!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simsgw
I can't quite see the value when unlocking the car. But I don't think I've ever seen a car locally that lowered the windows when being unlocked.

Gary
Hey Gary,

My 2 cents....When I leave a building and get within sight of my car, I unlock and lower the windows. It's sort of hot here in FL.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:50 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey in FL
Hey Gary,

My 2 cents....When I leave a building and get within sight of my car, I unlock and lower the windows. It's sort of hot here in FL.
I'm reminded of two young lieutenants who happened to be in a public restroom at the same time. As they zipped and started to leave, the first turned to the sink, muttering: "Huh. At West Point, they taught us to wash after peeing." As he opened the door, the other responded: "At Annapolis, they taught us not to pee on our hand."

In the Mojave, we lower our windows before we leave the car so it never gets that hot in the first place.

Gary, just saying, not objecting to autre temps autre moeures
Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

One touch up and down on the cab. At least it is on the 06S. Why they would make the coupe any different, who knows.

Quick Reply: Tell Me Something I don't know about the 997