Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear child seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Frontside720
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I tried this mod and it didn't work for me.

I tried it with the roundabout and my issue was back clearance and the firewall. I do have the bose system so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I took out all my seats and I couldn't get the back to sit flush with firewall. It rested on the fabric covering (not sure what this is called)

I have attached pictures so you can understand what's going on.

Does anyone with a cabriolet have any suggestions? My kids are 3 & 4.

Thanks!!
Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two 4 yr olds, but they have been riding in the back of my Cab for a year.

The solution is to bag the contraptions and have them use the seat belt. If you tension it properly, and I assume most 4 yr olds are the same size as mine, it works the best.

I tried the Porsche Recaros as well as two different Britax and never got the fit "right". Maybe the bracket so simply and well-thought would have worked, but this works well...
Old 12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Frontside720
Advanced

I like the suggestion but it's completely illegal here in Canada and in the U.S.

With a top down, it's easy to get busted!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 PM
chrcook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upon removal of the bottom, I installed the Simpson Child "Racing" seats using the stock belt. I did loosen the lower belt receptacles and retighten them in optimum position. After that, I installed velco to the bottom of the child seat and installed, tightening the belt VERY tight. It’s been working great for two years.
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 PM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

On the topic of making your own bracket, Brey Krause (and well as other race part manufacturers) sell harness mounts that I assume have been tested to handle high loads (would suck to have one's homemade brackets fail due to poor material or poor workmanship - a tiny crack is all it would take under extreme loads like a crash).

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/harnes...re_porsche.php
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Frontside720
Advanced

^^^ Excellent Idea^^^

I have had the "fabricated" brackets in my car for a few months and I don't have any issues with it. However, I'm going to order a set of those and see how much better they work.

If I ever get pulled over, these look OEM as opposed to my spraypainted uneven cut brackets.

Thanks

Quick Reply: rear child seat problem