Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champion + Tubi = The Way It Should Be...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011 | 02:52 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Default Champion + Tubi = The Way It Should Be...

1st mod. done, Champion hung a Tubi exhaust on my 09 997/2 S. Really good set-up, no drone, get it over 4000 turns, it becomes Raspy Mcnasty. Price from Champion was actually $100 LESS than Porsche's PSE, sort of a no brainer.
Tone is great, loudness is just right. I didn't even turn on the radio, the 3.8 is making my kind of music.
When I asked last week about what mods./ when, someone said the Tubi was a good "street" system. He was absolutely dead on. May not be the best track exhaust, but it's perfect for what I'm going to do with it.
2nd mod., tires and wheels.
3rd, Evo flash.
Thanks for advice.
Old 05-20-2011 | 03:37 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

get some bmc air filters and a ipd plenum
Old 05-20-2011 | 04:16 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hot nikon
1st mod. done, Champion hung a Tubi exhaust on my 09 997/2 S. Really good set-up, no drone, get it over 4000 turns, it becomes Raspy Mcnasty. Price from Champion was actually $100 LESS than Porsche's PSE, sort of a no brainer.
Tone is great, loudness is just right. I didn't even turn on the radio, the 3.8 is making my kind of music.
When I asked last week about what mods./ when, someone said the Tubi was a good "street" system. He was absolutely dead on. May not be the best track exhaust, but it's perfect for what I'm going to do with it.
2nd mod., tires and wheels.
3rd, Evo flash.
Thanks for advice.
They have your wheels too, you know that right? Between a set of Champion wheels and the Tubi you've lost about 60 lbs of dead weight on the car.
Old 05-20-2011 | 05:00 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

gotta link for champion (is it champion racing???)
Old 05-20-2011 | 06:22 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Did get BCM filter, was overshadowed by the Tubi exhaust. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, all of a sudden, I am driving a high perf. car. It's not too loud, honestly, at idle just a little louder than PSE, it's when you put your foot in it, that's when the Tubi sounds so good. There is an underpass close to my house, went through it 4 times. Sounds like a metal Hi-C can, full of rocks...
As soon as I can swing it, wheels and tires, then the flash. The guys at Champion said the the 997/2 had a redesigned plenum, smoother airflow, new plenum would be nice, not essential.

You know the Kaiser Chief song "Ruby"? Tubi, Tubi, Tubi, Tubi ... do you, do you, do you, do you...

Look up Champion Motorsports. Garage was cleaner than most A/C hangers I've been in, a GT 2 and couple of turbos on the lifts. Place was spotless.
The two techs. that worked on my car had both been there for more than 10 years.

Yes, they can work on my car any day. It is so worth the 1hr. drive.
Old 05-20-2011 | 07:26 PM
mten
Advanced

Here is the link
http://www.championmotorsport.com/

They are in Pompano Beach, FL

Pretty awesome place, bought my car there
Old 05-20-2011 | 07:29 PM
mten
Advanced

Here is the link
http://www.championmotorsport.com/

They are in Pompano Beach, FL

Pretty awesome place, bought my car there

Quick Reply: Champion + Tubi = The Way It Should Be...