Sponsored by:

Tire Monitoring system on a 997

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 AM
tbapsick
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Tire Monitoring system on a 997

Hello Porsche enthusiasts. Hoping someone can help me with this. Not having a spare tire has been a bit of a headache. I have had two flats within two years, and I checked the pressure pretty regularly. I have a CS 2006, so would it be possible to add a tire monitoring system, the one made by Porsche? Or am I just out of luck since the original owner decided to pass on that option?

Thank you for your help. Actually since I'm here maybe one more. Is the defrost always at the absolute high temperature, or is it possible to set it at a temperature not 1,000,000° :-)

thanks again everyone good luck on the roads.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

TPMS became mandatory on the MY7 cars, and was an option on the MY06 and MY05 cars. To retrofit the Porsche unit is generally cost prohibitive. However, there are other manufacturers who have addressed this issue and are much more affordable. Just do a search online for such a device.

I have never seen an option for changing the defrost level.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:27 AM
tbapsick
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Dan not only for this answer, but also for your other contributions in other threads. you sir are a good man. forum is addicting, can't believe I just found it. Had one other had been using but posts are way down. good luck all; keep the service costs low and the fun level high..
Old 05-15-2011, 09:24 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tbapsick
Hello Porsche enthusiasts. Hoping someone can help me with this. Not having a spare tire has been a bit of a headache. I have had two flats within two years, and I checked the pressure pretty regularly. I have a CS 2006, so would it be possible to add a tire monitoring system, the one made by Porsche? Or am I just out of luck since the original owner decided to pass on that option?

Thank you for your help. Actually since I'm here maybe one more. Is the defrost always at the absolute high temperature, or is it possible to set it at a temperature not 1,000,000° :-)

thanks again everyone good luck on the roads.
To add the Porsche TPMS you would have to add receivers at all 4 wheel wells plus the wiring to get a readout on the OBC. The sensors in the wheels are the easy part. As Dan said, aftermarket alternatives would be best although not as elegant as OEM.

Quick Reply: Tire Monitoring system on a 997