Sponsored by:

are there really any "feel" benefits to bleeding abs unit vs not

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts
Default are there really any "feel" benefits to bleeding abs unit vs not

Are there really any benefits felt when the ABS unit is bled vs not when doing the brake fluid flush on our pcars? the contaminated fluid in the abs unit is not replaced when the new fluid is pushed thorugh the sytem using the motive bleeder? and even if we bring it to the dealer do they actually flush the abs unit too or do they just do the same thing that most of our brothers who track do? im sure our track brothers have the most experience on this matter.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I bled my system myself and have never felt that I missed some because of the ABS design. I think that for our particular applications, we would get the majority of the old stuff out. The rest we can get the next time. If you are an active racer, then you already know this stuff. Thus, it's not a big deal.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The easiest way to flush the entire system is to raise the drive wheels and drive...TC will activate, circulating brake fluid througt the ABS valve manifold.

C4...another problem.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I bleed my brake a lot....about 8 times a year due to DE's. I've never flushed through the ABS system and have had no issues. My fluid stays very new and I am only trying to get bubbles out due to heat.

Quick Reply: are there really any "feel" benefits to bleeding abs unit vs not