Sponsored by:

Question about exhaust gasket

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
JohnAMG
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about exhaust gasket

Yesterday morning when i started the car, I noticed water coming out of the exhaust tips. That didn't bother me but what caught my attention was I saw water dripping at the left gasket between the catalytic converter and the Sharkwerks cross pipe. The right gasket is fine. My question is, can I leave it alone? Or i need to insert new gasket ASAP?

John
Old 04-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that is an all metal gasket. Have you tried just tightening up the bolts?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM
JohnAMG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Skibum
I think that is an all metal gasket. Have you tried just tightening up the bolts?
I have not yet tightening the bolts. I have 2 new gaskets and considering installing them.

John
Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you already have the gaskets it's only a 10 minute job. You might as well if for nothing else but peace of mind. PLUS.. think of that time as time that you do not have to hear a single word about the royal wedding....
(a 10 minute job usually takes me 30 minutes)
Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 PM
JohnAMG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Skibum
If you already have the gaskets it's only a 10 minute job. You might as well if for nothing else but peace of mind. PLUS.. think of that time as time that you do not have to hear a single word about the royal wedding....
(a 10 minute job usually takes me 30 minutes)
OK, no royal wedding crap please I will install the new gaskets. Just don't mention the wedding and the birther thing too.

John
Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

theres water coming out of every exhaust, its condensation in the whole system. But where its coming out of a particular joint shows there is a open gap there . If its only slight it wont hurt anything . Better you feel there when running and see if its a large exhaust leak or only slight.
You can put new gaskets on it, or fabspeed makes thick copper gaskets or there is a soft putty for exhaust leaks at the auto parts store you can put in minor cracks

Quick Reply: Question about exhaust gasket