Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Tear & Smart Top - Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM
mossjn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Tear & Smart Top - Warranty?

Small leather tear on 2008 cab s. Have the factory optional leather visors and other leather bits including the area that the cab roof attaches to at its center. Evidently, the metal "finger" from the roof that pulls the roof taught must have once not clamped in fully and thus tore the leather about 3/4 of an inch.

I assume this is covered and will take to the dealer but anyone else have the issue and should I disconnect and remove my Smart Top box before going to the dealer?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

It has nothing to do with the Smart Top. I had a similar problem with the factory hardtop. The claw on the hardtop was very aggressive and was hard on my leather visor area. It's something that I don't think Porsche AG put too much thought into. I would take it up with the dealership. That's what I did, and they paid to replace it. PM me for details if you need it!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:22 AM
swajames
Racer

My dealer fitted my smart top for me - I don't think yours will care (plus the issue is clearly unrelated). The SmartTop does have a "dealer mode" which turns off all the functionality if you want.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
mossjn
Advanced

Thanks alot - will take it to the dealership. I know SmartTop is unrelated but wasn't sure if dealership would take issue with the fact that I installed this and try to use it as a reason not to cover the issue. I forgot about the "dealer mode" option - will use this just in case.

Quick Reply: Leather Tear & Smart Top - Warranty?