Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport for Adaptive Sport Seat Requirements in a 997 C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Sport for Adaptive Sport Seat Requirements in a 997 C4S?

I am trying to determine what is required to swap-out/upgrade from "Comfort Seats" (equipped with Mem/Heat & Power) to A.S.S (equipped with Mem/Heat/ Power). I done a tons of searches and read through counts posts on multiple forums but can't find anything definitive.

My car is a 07' 997.1 C4S Cab

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 04-20-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:52 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that Sport seats with full power (not just seat recline) and memory ARE called Adaptive Sport Seats. If you have memory feature, you either have comfort power seats or ***.
And the dealer would be best to ask, IMO.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Default Correction!

You are right, I am using wrong terms to describe seats!

What I currently have are "Comfort Seats" (w/ Mem/Heat & pwr) and what I am considering is A.S.S

In pic I have 1st seat on left ("Comfort Seats") and middle is A.S.S model. Thanks for pointing that out.
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, this is not a common or typically sought after swap. Most swap seats with sport seats that have pass throughs for harnesses, to be legal with PCA harness requirements. The seats will bolt in. They only potential differences could be the electrical harnesses and the memory module (under the driver's seat). If you are looking for something that will hold you better in corners, Adaptive Sport Seats are only marginally better than the "comfort" seats. Sit in one before you spend a lot of money on a pair. **** are not a substitute for real track seats like Sport Buckets or Euro 996 GT3s.

Last edited by 10 GT3; 04-22-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Sorry, this is not a common or typically sought after swap. Most swap seats with sport seats that have pass throughs for harnesses, to be legal with PCA harness requirements. The seats will bolt in. They only potential differences could be the harnesses and the memory module (under the driver's seat). If you are looking for something that will hold you better in corners, Adaptive Sport Seats are only marginally better than the "comfort" seats. Sit in one before you spend a lot of money on a pair. **** are not a substitute for real track seats like Sport Buckets or Euro 996 GT3s.
+1
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

10 GT3, Great feedback! thank you
Old 04-20-2011, 08:51 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Back to your original question, I don't think anything is required if you got the power and same settings as the new seats, it should be a plug and play.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I think (but I don't "know") that you will have to have the dealer so some kind of reset in the ECM and probably reprogram it (e.g. for the memory function, which I believe has more to remember on the A.S.S. seats). In addition, I believe I've heard that some kind of reset is required re the air bags in the seats.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I think (but I don't "know") that you will have to have the dealer so some kind of reset in the ECM and probably reprogram it (e.g. for the memory function, which I believe has more to remember on the A.S.S. seats). In addition, I believe I've heard that some kind of reset is required re the air bags in the seats.
Memory function is not in the ECU, it is in a separate control module under the driver's seat. Adaptive sport seats have additional bolster controls over the comfort power seats, hence why I can't verify if the harnesses are the same. I do suspect the control modules are different as a result. It is also the module under the driver's seat that controls the tilt-down of the driver's rear view mirror when going in reverse.

You only have to reset the ECU if you turn on the key with the harnesses unplugged. The only thing the ECU monitors for the seats is the seat belt latch and the air bags. The ECU checks loop only when the key is turned on. Seat air bag warning can be disabled in the ECU by your dealer if you swap non-airbag seats.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:00 AM
Thedips
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hi sorry to necro this... but I've been searching for some answers regarding seat upgrade... i have a 997.1 with i guess are comfort seats but i don't have butt warmers. i do have electrical adjust and memory. i love the look of hard backs aka sport seats? do i need anything special to hook them up? will they not work? do they need to be from a specific model? thank you for any help and sorry if this has been answered somewhere
Old 06-02-2015, 12:55 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 303 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Thedips
hi sorry to necro this... but I've been searching for some answers regarding seat upgrade... i have a 997.1 with i guess are comfort seats but i don't have butt warmers. i do have electrical adjust and memory. i love the look of hard backs aka sport seats? do i need anything special to hook them up? will they not work? do they need to be from a specific model? thank you for any help and sorry if this has been answered somewhere
Search for my threads either on here or P9, can't remember where I posted. All you need is to tap into some power. It's not hard to do. You can get a sport seat with the hardback and the shoulder winglets from any 987.1/2 or 997.1/2

Someone on P9 did it a little differently than me but its very doable..
Old 06-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Thedips
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by workhurts
Search for my threads either on here or P9, can't remember where I posted. All you need is to tap into some power. It's not hard to do. You can get a sport seat with the hardback and the shoulder winglets from any 987.1/2 or 997.1/2

Perfect that's what I was looking for! For a second I was like... What the heck is a 987 lol duhh
Old 06-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Jon70ProofZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by workhurts

I'd love some info on this. I have memory comfort seats and i just bought manual sport seats. Everything bolts up and no air bag light but the power to the back of the seat doesn't work. I am assuming I can repin that yellow plug under the seat and just run power from the other memory wiring harness to get that to work but any extra info you might have would help. Been searching but can't find anything specific. Thanks
Old 06-15-2015, 11:39 AM
Jon70ProofZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess I was right. Found this - http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-b...wer-seats.html

Quick Reply: Sport for Adaptive Sport Seat Requirements in a 997 C4S?