Sponsored by:

Sunday Drive with Porsche Club of Columbia

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sunday Drive with Porsche Club of Columbia

I had a Blast ! We had 9 turn out and we drove some fast twisty back roads and a short blast on the Highway !
This was the first time out with the 997 C4S, and it got put through the paces for sure. I followed a 964 Targa 4 with an experienced driver, and it was all I could do to keep up in the turns. I think he was probably sipping coffee while I was behind him trying to keep up with a pucker factor of 7or8 LOL !
Everybody in the group has been through professional training, except me. They told me they took it at about 75% speed...as I learn my car and begin to trust what it can do, I'll be off the brakes more.
A Caymen S was the lead car and the awesome GT3RS stayed in back, I would have loved to follow that car through the curves. He said it was pretty rough and he didn't have it in the stiff setting..
Attached Images     
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 PM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful! I missed my local group's run this past weekend.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am amazed at the powerband of the 997.1, I could stay in 4th and power through curves or be in 3rd and have to watchout how explosive I came on the throttle. I was only into 5th on the WOT on the short run on the highway..

really had fun and it really wore me out, we were out driving for almost 2 hrs Pullin G's lol

Quick Reply: Sunday Drive with Porsche Club of Columbia