Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Boat cross over pipes 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Sawborg
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Tried ordering the BB pipes on JEGS but didn't see an option to enter the coupon code. :/
Old 01-28-2016, 10:27 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianB496
I also decided to order the B&B instead of the sharkwerks because of price. Stupid me paid ~$750 from vivid racing. Didn't know Jegs sold B&B at such a discount.

I have a GTS with PSE, and could not get the pipe to fit. I even took the bumper off so I could get to the cat/muffler hangers. No matter what I did the left side pipe would hit hard on the 2nd pipe from the PSE mufflers.

So, I requested a return authorization, that took 2 weeks to get, then I was told there would be a 10% re-stocking fee, which pissed me off. Finally sent it back to them and am STILL waiting on a refund.

In the first pic you can see how far off the muffler pipes are from centered in the opening. 2nd pic you can see the PSE pipe hitting hard on the crossover pipe.

The stock muffler & the sharkwerks pipe both use a larger radius bend to get around the protrusion on the left side of the motor. You can see that the small bend->straight->bend causes the interference.

Below is how far off the crossover pipe is from the left muffler. The clamp is almost completely off the muffler pipe, and is mis-aligned by over 1/2"

I will be purchasing the sharkwerks pipe if I ever get my money back from Vivid.
I don't know what to tell you Brian. That sucks. I don't know what I did differently than you to get it to fit on my PSE equipped car. I have an S instead of a GTS but surely that has nothing to do with it. I did have to manipulate the side mufflers to get everything to fit but my tailpipes are still properly aligned in the cutouts in the bumper. I have no idea what the difference is between our two cars. That was my worst fear of going through all that work and cheaping out with the B&B and then it not fitting because they didn't take into account the dual muffler exits on PSE cans. You will be pleased once you get your SW on as it sounds so much better even though the install has been crappy. Keep us updated.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:32 PM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind the GTS has different headers.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:39 AM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Originally Posted by JayRace
Keep in mind the GTS has different headers.
That very well may explain it. It was certainly tight on my S with stock headers but the final installation position has enough clearance.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:23 PM
BrianB496
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To follow up to my last post. I finally received my refund and ordered the SW pipe. Installed it in about an hour. Fit was perfect on my GTS.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:06 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianB496
To follow up to my last post. I finally received my refund and ordered the SW pipe. Installed it in about an hour. Fit was perfect on my GTS.
hey brian thanks for following up and so glad An hour with/without a cool beer is about right:P Dead on! Love the GTS' with the PSE set up to boot.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:58 AM
ari.jay.comet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBE on GTS?

So has anyone successfully installed the BBE pipes on a GTS? I have a 2011 997.2 GTS and didn't see these issues until just now. Have a BBE cross flow pipe box sitting in garage. Have appointment in two weeks for install. Will my shop tell me they don't fit? Should I be worried about this? TIA!
Old 09-02-2017, 07:52 PM
MJTSUB
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ari.jay.comet
So has anyone successfully installed the BBE pipes on a GTS? I have a 2011 997.2 GTS and didn't see these issues until just now. Have a BBE cross flow pipe box sitting in garage. Have appointment in two weeks for install. Will my shop tell me they don't fit? Should I be worried about this? TIA!
Did you have any issues with fitment? I am looking into the BB center pipe delete with PSE, or doing the Speedtech or Fabspeed equivalent.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:20 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Mine fit just fine with PSE but others have not. YMMV on that one.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Installed my BB Pipes on my 2009 C2 and I couldn't be happier. No fitment or installation issues whatsoever nor any other problems since the install about a year and a half ago

I also took the opportunity to do a 2 inch GUNDO hack being that the mufflers were so readily accessible. I highly recommend going this route if you're going to get the pipes.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:41 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 135 Posts

Just so there is a different data point. A couple of years ago I ordered the BB for my 2009 C2S and had similar fit problems. The pipes were difficult to fit to the headers and then there was almost half a pipe diameter mismatch to the cans. Return for me was quick and easy though with no restock fee. went with Sharkwerkes and fits perfectly.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 PM
danilonovelli
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

@phaphaphooey... for your small leak... replace the sleeves for new ones - about $40 each but worth it - and use the correct torque on the bolts: 17 ftlbs... when fitting the new sleeves, make sure the end pipes are clean - u can lightly sand them - and u might want to use a little white lithium grease to completely fill any gaps... I got this from a Porsche tech and solved my issues
Old 09-18-2017, 07:06 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Originally Posted by danilonovelli
@phaphaphooey... for your small leak... replace the sleeves for new ones - about $40 each but worth it - and use the correct torque on the bolts: 17 ftlbs... when fitting the new sleeves, make sure the end pipes are clean - u can lightly sand them - and u might want to use a little white lithium grease to completely fill any gaps... I got this from a Porsche tech and solved my issues
Will do. Thank you for the tip.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Waiting for my BB cross overs

I looked at them all. Studied. Read in Rennlist and other forums. Priced. Pondered. Then... figured its just stainless exhaust pipes. Why does it cost so much??? So, I went with BB direct from them with discount from BB on their website. Delivery by FedEx set for tomorrow. Then have to wait a couple of weekends before installation. We'll see...
Old 09-19-2017, 01:49 AM
XAudiguy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
I looked at them all. Studied. Read in Rennlist and other forums. Priced. Pondered. Then... figured its just stainless exhaust pipes. Why does it cost so much??? So, I went with BB direct from them with discount from BB on their website. Delivery by FedEx set for tomorrow. Then have to wait a couple of weekends before installation. We'll see...
Please post your result, looking forward to your result

Quick Reply: Billy Boat cross over pipes 997.2