Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My snow car.....with Nokians. Love it!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:29 AM
06911s
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Why not just get rid of the Lexus and do with the minivan and the Porsche?

Or just keep the Lexus? Generally, the car you own is cheaper than the car you will replace it with. So there's an argument for keeping the Lexus.

Or replace the Lexus with another minivan. Same brand/type or different brand? I mean you admit the minivan is your workhorse car. Maybe time to upgrade to a 2nd workhorse, err minvan? Share the workload between the two minivans, share the wear and tear and if one's in the shop you still have a 2nd minivan for those workhorse things.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Thanks Macster for your reply. My wife drives the minivan, I drive the Lexus and the Porsche. Eliminating the truck unfortunately does not work since I don't want to drive my Porsche in the snow. But probably, like you mentioned, it makes more financial sense just to keep the SUV after all...Thanks again
Old 04-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Iggy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evo X or Impreza STI. Both cars are cheep, practical, and excellent in snow/sleet/mud (much better than heavy SUVs)
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of votes here for Subaru, be it Forester, Legacy or Impreza. Here's mine:

My wife has a 2yr old Legacy estate with 4wd 3 litre boxer 6 engine and trick Spec B suspension. We swap the tyres in November and March and, though this is a road car which eats huge distances in quiet comfort, it's also a sporting drive on twisty mountain roads, and it absolutely will not be stopped by snow, mud, steep icy hills, anything!!

No one ever gives you the coffee beans, finger or even notices the car tbh. But knowledgeable Subaru drivers will nod in heartfelt appreciation - this is a genuine stealth weapon. Get a similar aged model and it'll be lower than half list price. Just don't buy the newer updated version which is nowhere near as good.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

I like me the E39 BMW's. Mines a wagon perfect for kids, bikes and if you got them dogs. Not sure about time as a winter beater however.

Attached is an article I penned on the E39's soul - they have it in spades.
http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...on-wanderings/
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Second car to the 997, aka beater