New member with P fever

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
MyPorscheFever
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with P fever

Hello fellow P enthusiasts

I finally decided to join this great forum as a prerequisite to get into a Porsche. I had an inner battle between Ms, AMGs & Maser GT-S; Porsche seems to have won me over.

I am planning on getting a 06-08 C4S or C2S (decision pending) so I am resurrecting your old threads to educate myself on the topic.

I foresee my post count to stay on low side as I doubt I have much to contribute to such vivid and p-knowledge affluent community so apologies in advance. But i do promise to jump in when I see fit.

Back to search feature.. Cheers!

Ed.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,277 Likes on 590 Posts

Go for it! I drove Aston Vantages and really liked them but then sat in a C2S, fired it up and said OK, I'm home! Purchased an 06 C2S, full sea blue leather over arctic silver, PCCB, and a couple of nice options such as the centre console and the trim around the instrument cluster in silver, Bose sound etc... You will not regret going with the 911.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Today is my day to drive in to work instead of using the train.
My favorite part of the day is when I fire up my car in the underground garage.
I love to hear it roar, then growl and gurgle for a few minutes before it settles down.
Twice as good with the top down.

Welcome to the fever.

Last edited by winkingchef; 03-31-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Wise decision Ed! Just took delivery of an 07 Targa 4S and can't quite wipe the grin off my face! Beginning to think it will be permanent. Best of luck in your quest. No question you have come to the right place for lots of help, advice and encouragement. Cheers!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:14 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Welcome and good luck in the search. Hard to resist once u get the fever!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take 2 penicillin tablets and call me in the morning.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Ed, have you ever driven a car on the track? If not, go to the one day P driving school at Barber Motorsports. The fever will develop into something of a much more advanced stage.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:44 PM
lvandermerwe
Advanced

Ok, youre doomed forever. The only thing to save you now is...I forgot. You might as well enjoy it.
Happy seaching and remember that no matter the price, it is still a bargain.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lvandermerwe
Ok, youre doomed forever. The only thing to save you now is...I forgot. You might as well enjoy it.
I've heard that locking someone so affected in a Chevy truck with hay in the back and playing Country and Western for 24 hours will help.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 PM
MyPorscheFever
AutoX

Thanks for escalating my fever. Many car manufacturers can make high powered vehicles and many can make reliable ones, very few can make reliable high performing machines – I think Porsche is amongst those very few..
I am aching to take a C2s & C4S for a test drive. I usually wait until I do a good chunk of research before I test drive a vehicle so I can further appreciate the engineering and observe/test for the issues.

This itch was overwhelming when I drove by an Audi/Porsche dealer couple of weeks ago. I hence stopped by to take a ‘closer’ look at the Carrera; exterior curves, amenities, engine compartment, exhaust sound etc.. I was assisted by a gentleman who asked me: ‘What are you currently driving? and How much are you willing to pay for a car? I respectfully answered: ‘A loaner’ and ‘what the car I like is worth’

Few minutes later while I was in what might have seemed like deep contemplations he asked what I was thinking about so I answered I am trying to decide if I want to request a test drive. He immediately answered: ‘While we try to keep miles off our car, we can manage to take…’ I don’t recall the rest as by then I was already exhibiting the ‘we are done’ facial expressions. At that point, I knew it would be a fun –but maybe brutal- quest for the ultimate Porsche. Glad to have you guys backing me up.

Game on!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are in SF and can drive stick, I'd be happy to let you drive my C4S cab some weekend in exchange for lunch.

-- AT

Originally Posted by MyPorscheFever
Thanks for escalating my fever. Many car manufacturers can make high powered vehicles and many can make reliable ones, very few can make reliable high performing machines – I think Porsche is amongst those very few..
I am aching to take a C2s & C4S for a test drive. I usually wait until I do a good chunk of research before I test drive a vehicle so I can further appreciate the engineering and observe/test for the issues.

This itch was overwhelming when I drove by an Audi/Porsche dealer couple of weeks ago. I hence stopped by to take a ‘closer’ look at the Carrera; exterior curves, amenities, engine compartment, exhaust sound etc.. I was assisted by a gentleman who asked me: ‘What are you currently driving? and How much are you willing to pay for a car? I respectfully answered: ‘A loaner’ and ‘what the car I like is worth’

Few minutes later while I was in what might have seemed like deep contemplations he asked what I was thinking about so I answered I am trying to decide if I want to request a test drive. He immediately answered: ‘While we try to keep miles off our car, we can manage to take…’ I don’t recall the rest as by then I was already exhibiting the ‘we are done’ facial expressions. At that point, I knew it would be a fun –but maybe brutal- quest for the ultimate Porsche. Glad to have you guys backing me up.

Game on!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the other side!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 132 Posts

Is this your first Porsche?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:41 PM
MyPorscheFever
AutoX

@Winki,
I can't possibly articulate my gratitude. I am on the east coast otherwise lunch would have been on me!

@Edgy,
Yes this would be my very first Porsche. Once in my possession, I promise I would treat it with the utmost care or else face the inevitable fact of having to surrender it.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 132 Posts

Welcome aboard. One of these days we'll have to do another poll on their 997 ownership. It's always amazing to me the high percentage of first time Porsche owners here!

It's about time! Now, actually JOIN the Rennlist as a member.

Last edited by Edgy01; 04-01-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Quick Reply: New member with P fever