Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing "Carrera" emblem on rear deck lid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
told you all I was challenged....go to the dealer. now that's a concept, and I would guess they'll get it done right. the service at rector has been great, I guess I'll have them put on the new lower lip on the front too (2 birds, 1 stone)
Go to the dealer! They'll do it perfectly!

Tom
Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
I'll give this a go - thanks. too afraid to try myself. was thinkning to just put the S on it, but that just seems lame now....like, really lame
Duh, yeah!!!!

Just having a little fun!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I would NOT apply the new badge over a freshly waxed surface. The badge will not stick as well to the wax.

Certainly clean the area really well and use some type of polish(like P21S Paintwork Polish) to remove any wax residue from the paint before applying the badge.
Actually you don't want to use any polish to clean the area-use a de-greaser or rubbing alcohol applied gently with a microfiber or 100% cotton cloth.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Franklin229
Actually you don't want to use any polish to clean the area-use a de-greaser or rubbing alcohol applied gently with a microfiber or 100% cotton cloth.
Perhaps I should have said P21S Paintwork Cleanser and not polish. This product will help remove old wax as well as other contaminants on/in the paint. It will not leave behind any residue if removed properly.

I'll leave the rubbing alcohol and de-greasers for you. Personally, I would not use these products on any large exterior painted area on my car. Especially not if you plan to rub them in with a cloth.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Perhaps I should have said P21S Paintwork Cleanser and not polish. This product will help remove old wax as well as other contaminants on/in the paint. It will not leave behind any residue if removed properly.

I'll leave the rubbing alcohol and de-greasers for you. Personally, I would not use these products on any large exterior painted area on my car. Especially not if you plan to rub them in with a cloth.
If you have used the Paintwork Cleanser for applying badges and it has worked then great. I would tend to disagree only based on the description of the product-it is more of a prep for wax vs cleaner. In all honesty-I have used rubbing alcohol as well as paint friendly de-greasers-they do work and do not damage the paint. I would not (and did not) suggest rubbing either. The car should already be clean.

Quick Reply: Removing "Carrera" emblem on rear deck lid?