Sponsored by:

aero for base 997 c2

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011 | 05:46 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
Posted to your inquiry at Racing / DE. I found no difference and really didn't like the factory parts on my GT3. Found the C2S just as capable / stable on the track even over 150 MPH (Watkins Glen and Monticello). At Lime Rock the speeds are slower, so even less potential benefit from aero. One of the reasons I got rid of my GT3 was it scraped everywhere, the taco obscured vision, etc.
i got my car up to 140-150mph as well several times and never felt if it had any instability or was trying to fly off the road as my lexus does starting from 130mph+ but I was just wondering if this stock aerokit helps to any degree or not.
thanks Ron, you are most helpful, as usual - it settles issue down permanently for me. i like my car look as it is and just happy to have one less thing to waste money on.
Old 03-16-2011 | 06:02 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
One of the reasons I got rid of my GT3 was it scraped everywhere, the taco obscured vision, etc.
Do you think the scraping is mostly due to bottom lip? or the whole front bumper hangs lower?

It looks like new GTS lip can replace the GT3/Aerokit lip and looks like it is shorter.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//50598305.html
Old 03-17-2011 | 07:47 AM
964RS_NGT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe late to the discussion, but anyway;

First;
Note that the OEM 997.1 Aerokit front bumper may look identical to the GT3 one but it's aerodynamical properties are not. The key part of the improved aerodynamics of the GT3 is the additional went that directs the air passing through the center rad out over the hood instead of under the car as on the Carrera's with center rad.

Second;
The 997.1 Carrera's are from the start actually better areodynamically wise vs 997.2: -20/-7 vs. -24/-14
(kg's of front/rear axle preassure @ 200 km/h where ´-´ means lift):
http://www.sportauto-online.de/super...e-1347921.html

Third;
I don't know much about what's cost effective in the US, but if you want an easier install then a OEM GT3 bumber, have a look at the Manthey Racing front lip wich neutralizes front lift. Being a company with close relations to Porsche Motorsport and mainly focusing on race cars, rest assured that their offer is fully verified:
http://www.manthey-motors.de/nextsho...docid=16&e1=54

I beleive products of similar design are avaliable from others, Cargraphic being one of them.

Then as already been said, if it's noticable or not is an entirely different question. Probably only on tracks with really high speed corners or straight lines at high speed in windy conditions.
Old 03-17-2011 | 10:07 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks 964RS - I am aware of costs to install GT3 front bumper as you are exactly right about those new ducts - they will require radiator change, some new mounts and hoses, it is plenty of work actually and if one simply bolts on gt3 bumper it works worse than stock bumper. that is exactly why I was wondering about stock C2S bolt-on aerokit and how it does affect stock car.

I think to put a lip on, as of what specific lip - looking at them they are all the same to me. unless it is a foot long front splitter made from a piece of plywood I do not think it will be much of a difference, they all look alike to me.

I am not sure which one to choose, does anybody know which one is the cheapest? I afraid I will torn it off on a second week after I put it on anyway , so, do not really want to pay for anything extravagant.

Quick Reply: aero for base 997 c2