Toyo T1R

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Toyo T1R

Gentlemen,

One of my front 235/35/R19 T1Rs was sacrificed to the Bloombergian pothole nightmare that is our FDR drive in New York, and I'm seeking a replacement. If anyone has a line on where I might find a clean used one, or perhaps even has an extra one with some tread on it I'd be greatly appreciative and happy to take it off their/your hands.

Feel free to PM me

Best,
Hans
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

I assume you are hesitant to buy a new tire because of the tread depth difference. I wouldn't be & doubt you will notice any change.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
02TX996Cab
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another option is to buy a new one and have it shaved down to match the existing tire's tread depth.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:49 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

or buy 2 new ones. I freakin hate the FDR.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
I assume you are hesitant to buy a new tire because of the tread depth difference. I wouldn't be & doubt you will notice any change.
you hit the nail on the head. I would just buy a new one, but I'm moving away from the t1rs to the ventus v12s

Originally Posted by 02TX996Cab
Another option is to buy a new one and have it shaved down to match the existing tire's tread depth.
It had crossed my mind, I'm fairly sure it will cost as much as:

Originally Posted by kosmo
or buy 2 new ones. I freakin hate the FDR.
+1, hate that frickin highway, am a west sider now, this is what I get for visiting brooklyn.

2 new is probably the right way to go since I want to move to ventus v12s all around (I did the rears before I put her away for the winter, they're fine mixed f/r since she's now a glorified city car, average speed on the computer is below 20mph, makes me wanna cry). The t1r up front has so much tread left I feel guilty wasting it!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by htny
Gentlemen,

One of my front 235/35/R19 T1Rs was sacrificed to the Bloombergian pothole nightmare that is our FDR drive in New York, and I'm seeking a replacement. If anyone has a line on where I might find a clean used one, or perhaps even has an extra one with some tread on it I'd be greatly appreciative and happy to take it off their/your hands.

Feel free to PM me

Best,
Hans
it is probably not going to help you much now but after loosing some expensive tires I always buy hazard insurance from tirerack as it really works.

other online sources may be cheaper but i got burned couple of times with not having such insurance and i got to say - it helps a bit to know that you can replace this tire for free if you get a flat.

Quick Reply: Toyo T1R