Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment Specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
cbzzoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
. but i bet when you`ll see melted down PS2 if you do run pretty fast - you will feel a bit of a regret. VIR is a pretty fast track too, so, it is your choice.
I think I melted the PS2's in my first session. Man those things melt easy. Part of the problem was probably not enough camber.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been working with OP off line and the comments here are pretty much the same that I've suggested, including the OZs, LCAs w/ rear toe links. When I went from my M3 to my 1st C2S I didn't do much other than as good an alignment I could get without changing LCAs. Ran the PS2s and stock pads. All it took was a couple of laps before I was melting the stock pads onto the rotors, punishing the PS2s (which actually held up very nicely, just weren't enough tire for my driving), and was understeering like crazy. Next day I scheduled to have the LCAs put in to get a proper Street / Track alignment (-2.3 degrees up front).

I tried to tell myself to "go easy, new car, just get the feel" and the car wouldn't let me. She kept saying "More Ron, More!" By the end of the day on stock tires, pads, and alignment I already beat my best lap time with a "tweaked" M3 on race pads and tires that I had driven on the track for 4 years.

Quick Reply: Alignment Specs