Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote stopped working...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:16 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

This worked for me too on a 07. Awesome, thanks.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:38 PM
mr2sc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DHC
I had the same issue and also tried every iteration possible to get my keys to re-sync. The manual is not very helpful, but I finally stumbled on this approach, which worked great for me:

Lock the doors from the outside by using the key in the door lock.

Unlock the drivers side door using the key in the door lock.

Within about 10 seconds or so, open the door and insert the key into the ignition. DON'T START THE CAR!!

With the key still in the ignition, push the unlock button on the key.

Voila, you should be good to go.
Thanks very much DHC! This worked like a charm!!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:03 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

This procedure just worked perfectly for me on the first try as well. Thanks for the valuable information!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:04 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 253 Posts

I tried the procedure but it didn't seem to work. I replaced the batteries in both keys. One key's red light resumed working, the other key's red light still doesn't work.

So I attmepted the above sync procedure with the key with the working light and it still doesn't seem to work. But if I leave that key in the ignition (car turned off) and press the button on the key fob, the car horn will honk. Any thoughts?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Perhaps turn the key to the on position then press the fob button, but don't start it?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:39 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Nope, that didn't do it either.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:10 PM
AnakChan
Advanced

Bump to this thread. Unfortunately DHC's procedure didn't work for me either.

One thing I did notice is that when I lock the car manually with the car door, I notice that the door lock button on the centre console flashes 21 times. I don't know if this is normal or indicative of a problem with the locking mechanism.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:33 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

I ended up having to replace my fob. The transmitter was dead and it works perfectly now.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:17 PM
rockycat987
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by DHC
I had the same issue and also tried every iteration possible to get my keys to re-sync. The manual is not very helpful, but I finally stumbled on this approach, which worked great for me:

Lock the doors from the outside by using the key in the door lock.

Unlock the drivers side door using the key in the door lock.

Within about 10 seconds or so, open the door and insert the key into the ignition. DON'T START THE CAR!!

With the key still in the ignition, push the unlock button on the key.

Voila, you should be good to go.
Did this and didn't work. Cayman wasn't driven for about two weeks, replaced battery and both keys have same problem. red led only flashes on central lock button when locking manually with key. If the driver side door key lock seems to no play when turning the key could this be why both keys cannot lock and open trunks? Never ever used the key lock on drivers door before now so don't know how long its been that way, I can say that I never had a problem with key remote until car battery was replaced and or car wasn't driven for 2 weeks. Anything else I can try to do before bringing it to dealer? The only thing I noticed that changed while doing the key reset in manual is that when I first started manually locking the car with key the red led never flashed. after a dozen attempts with same procedure the red led now flashed along with the red led on the right of the radio screen. Could it need a couple more days to recognize?? Driven over 300 miles on the keys.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:38 PM
beetleything
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Worked for me too.......thanks.....
Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys- I have an '09 997.2 that I just bought 6 days ago. Today I stopped by FedEx to drop off a box. I parked, was literally out of the car for about 1min then when I went back to the car, my fob wouldn't unlock the door. I thought wow, the battery just flat out died like that? So I walk to a Target that happened to be close and buy new battery. No go.
Now here's the weird part... I cannot even unlock the door manually by putting the key in the door. It goes right in, will easily turn both ways, but nothing happens. The car will not unlock.

I was reading thru all of these posts, and other similar threads here, trying to find a solution. I tried everything I read to no avail. But, I think most people were just having trouble with the automatic locking/unlocking. I cannot even manually unlock. The dealer I bought the car from is 5 hours away and they are "trying to locate" the 2nd key that they told me they would send to me when I bought the car.

So, at this point, local P dealer is telling me only option is to have towed in and buy a new key and have it programmed there. They say car has to be there to do it and there is no other option?? I'm in a weird jam here, guys...so really appreciate any insight..
Old 07-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

Weird If you can't open it manually then reprogramming would not help, it is mechanical. Sounds like flat bedding to dealer is the option.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:22 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Yeah...I'm coming to the conclusion, I'm afraid. Can't believe I have this 6 days in...my wife is having a field day. And of course the extended warranty I bought from Endurance doesn't kick in until I've driven 1,000 miles...which I haven't. Arrrg...
Old 07-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

It has to be all at dealer expense IMO
It is unusual to my knowledge
Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 PM
rlddlr53
Rennlist Member

If you make enough noise from the dealer you purchased from they may be inclined to fix it in good faith.

Not sure what the laws are about buying a used car in your state.

I had issues within two days of purchasing my car, water pump leaking. I got the used car dealer in Hawaii to reimburse me for most of the labor/cost.

Good luck. Sounds strange the mechanical lock isnt working.

Quick Reply: Remote stopped working...