Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know current Porsche finance lease rates and loan rates ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to find a balloon loan.

No trap doors like a lease, lower payments than a straight finance.

Keep as much cash as you can if you get sub 3% rates. Money hasn't been this cheap in forever. Put it in a FDIC 1+% savings account and draw it down using ACH transfers as needed. You'll be borrowing @<2%.

BD
Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ hadn't ever considered a balloon loan...sounds interesting, any sources?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:01 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDuce
Try to find a balloon loan.

No trap doors like a lease, lower payments than a straight finance.

Keep as much cash as you can if you get sub 3% rates. Money hasn't been this cheap in forever. Put it in a FDIC 1+% savings account and draw it down using ACH transfers as needed. You'll be borrowing @<2%.

BD
The problem with a balloon is you can find yourself upside-down at the end of the term, especially if you've been in an accident or had any body work done.
My current BMW is a balloon loan, but I have a guaranteed buyout option at the end of the term, I can just turn it in like a lease.
I tried to trade it for a Porsche several months ago, I was almost 10k in the hole due to an accident I was in.
I look at the lease as paying more for the option to just turn the car in, not worry about the value at the end of the turn.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
C4S993
Pro

Then how else do you lower the monthly payments ?
Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Jay13
Track Day

Originally Posted by C4S993
Then how else do you lower the monthly payments ?
You put your 30k in the bank or other secure investment and you dip into it each month for the difference in your lease payment between what you wanted to pay and what your lease payment actually is.

Assuming your lease includes gap insurance, there is no good reason to buy down the lease and close that gap. Say your car is stolen the day after you buy it. The value when it left the lot as a used car was, say, 80% of the price paid. So on a $100,000 car, the value is $80,000 (your insurance pays this) and the lease "gap" insurance will make up for the difference between the $80,000 and whatever you owe in payments and residual on the lease. If you put down money, all you are doing is putting your money at risk instead of your insurer and the finance company's insurer.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
C4S993
Pro

Smile Thanks Jay

Thanks Jay,

That makes sense to me, NO $30k downpayment.

Today I talked with the mngr at Main line Porsche re a 12k miles Gt3 that had a roll bar and track seats. I asked abt a 2 year lease and they said that would be tad over $40k depreciation in two years ! Is that possible ?

Patrick
Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Just a quick update.

I became a member at penfed and they did offer me a loan but they didn't give me the full amount I had asked for since I was a new member. It was close but no cigar.

So I mentioned to my local credit union that I was offered a lower rate but it would have been a hassle to get the loan and they said "what's their website". I give them the website and we hang up shortly after that. 2 minutes later they called me back and offered to match the rate and give me the amount I want! I couldn't believe it!

So for those looking, don't be shy about asking for a better rate if you know they're out there. The good local banks must want to keep the business local and flexibility exists.
As a side note to take that to the next level. If you can get something documenting what that CU will give you, take that to the dealer's finance guy and tell them the business is there's to loose unless they can beat your offer!

Dealerships are "incented" to use a number of finace organizations outside of Porsche's, hence their push to not close you with Porsche finace.

It's a buyers market and you haold all the cards! Play hardball, you have nothing to loose, they do!

Just my $0.02 worth
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Originally Posted by C4S993
Thanks Jay,

That makes sense to me, NO $30k downpayment.

Today I talked with the mngr at Main line Porsche re a 12k miles Gt3 that had a roll bar and track seats. I asked abt a 2 year lease and they said that would be tad over $40k depreciation in two years ! Is that possible ?

Patrick
Lease rates are usually not favorable for used cars. The residual is a fixed value based on the MY, not a percentage of purchase price or MSRP. Add the incentives from Porsche in, and it can sometimes be less expensive to lease new.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Penfed new rate 2.49! What a steal and up to 72 months
Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
As a side note to take that to the next level. If you can get something documenting what that CU will give you, take that to the dealer's finance guy and tell them the business is there's to loose unless they can beat your offer!

Dealerships are "incented" to use a number of finace organizations outside of Porsche's, hence their push to not close you with Porsche finace.

It's a buyers market and you haold all the cards! Play hardball, you have nothing to loose, they do!

Just my $0.02 worth
The dealer did everything they could to get me to get the loan through them but they just couldn't match the rate. They were shocked that I was able to get a better rate than what Porsche was offering (3.9% for 72 months).

Looks like rates came down again, I'm really surprised to see that considering the threat of inflation.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
PenFed is currently 2.49% up to $70k
NavyFederal is currently 1.99% if you qualify
Originally Posted by porscheforfun
Penfed new rate 2.49! What a steal and up to 72 months
Old 04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 584 Posts

I like the gt3 but a recent trek with the older 996Gt3 was horrible, worse than my 993 C4S. I would hope the 997 Gt3 is less darty and bone jarring (?). 2nd choice is the GTS Cpe, 6spd. Recent test drive of a C4S was less than inspiring. I yearn for the 993TT low end torque but want a new Porsche and dislike the new TTs, too pricey.

Patrick[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that the 997 GT3 is a very different car from the 996. Still raw and gutsy but better at the slow speeds as well. They seem to improve this car with every evolution. Better engine, suspension, engine mounts etc...
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

60 months. 72 months. ???

I never finance cars but thinking about doing so because of the low cost of borrowing, but 5 or 6 years of repayments just does not compute with me. Would be an anchor around my neck.

Is it just people who keep cars for that long or are you guys changing cars and changing loans ???
Old 04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Originally Posted by spiderv6
60 months. 72 months. ???

I never finance cars but thinking about doing so because of the low cost of borrowing, but 5 or 6 years of repayments just does not compute with me. Would be an anchor around my neck.

Is it just people who keep cars for that long or are you guys changing cars and changing loans ???
5-6 year loans will usually give you payments close to a lease and loan balances at the end of 3 years close to the value of the car.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:25 PM
MacaoGP
AutoX

I am planning to lease a c2s for 2 yrs 5k miles before the 991 comes out. But I will lose around $37k of lease payments in the process. The dealer said 70% residual is a "great" deal. Don't know if I should pull the trigger? What level of income should a person be to spend this kind of money?

Quick Reply: Anyone know current Porsche finance lease rates and loan rates ?