Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone post a pic of a 997c2 s temp controls?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
uvgaal
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would the climate control button get worn? Personally i never touch that button. Doesn't everybody keep it in the same setting forever?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uvgaal
Why would the climate control button get worn? Personally i never touch that button. Doesn't everybody keep it in the same setting forever?
you must not be married, girls love to play with buttons!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to refute the "lotion theory". When I got my 05 last year, the two toggle type switches (fan and temp) were pristine and now they are trashed. I don't wear any lotion on my hands (!!) and I consider myself one of the overcautious caretakers of machines. For me, it's more likely my own corrosive chemistry. Odd that this coating is this poorly bonded to the base plastic. Someday I'll switch out the lower control unit, but I'm just looking past it for now.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by McCulla
I have to refute the "lotion theory". When I got my 05 last year, the two toggle type switches (fan and temp) were pristine and now they are trashed. I don't wear any lotion on my hands (!!) and I consider myself one of the overcautious caretakers of machines. For me, it's more likely my own corrosive chemistry. Odd that this coating is this poorly bonded to the base plastic. Someday I'll switch out the lower control unit, but I'm just looking past it for now.
Or it could be that there is more than one possible cause, ie greasy lotions and your "corrosive chemistry".....

Quick Reply: Can someone post a pic of a 997c2 s temp controls?