Sponsored by:

Help Pricing Targa 4S

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Pricing Targa 4S

Guys, I've been tracking an 08 Targa 4S in pristine condition with 12,500 miles on the clock. Still some warranty left. Options list is below. Asking price is $69K. I love everything about it - Guards Red with Sand Beige interior.

Need some help getting my head around this to determine if this is a fair price.

As always, appreciate your help!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-25-2011, 11:07 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems like a stunner, and the price doesn't seem that far off considering the car's options. I'm sure you could negotiate it down further.

Do you want (or need) Tiptronic?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

If you love everything about it and you know it will be a while before you find another one like it, buy it and don't worry if it's the right price for the current market.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by docfink
Seems like a stunner, and the price doesn't seem that far off considering the car's options. I'm sure you could negotiate it down further.

Do you want (or need) Tiptronic?
Thanks David. It's one of the nicest examples I've seen. Love the color combo too. I'm going to try to get the price down a bit but we're not far off.

I debated about Tip vs stick and given the hellacious traffic I must deal with on a daily basis, the Tip spoke louder to me.

Appreciate your advice!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
If you love everything about it and you know it will be a while before you find another one like it, buy it and don't worry if it's the right price for the current market.
Thanks for the reinforcement. I plan to keep it for years so if we're off a couple of $K then that's ok. The seller, a true salesman, suggested dividing the premium I believe I'm paying by the number of years I plan to own the car. He then says to ask yourself, "Am I worth this difference?"

A great way to rationalize - but it works!!

Thanks again for your help!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:48 AM
pabafree95
Advanced

go for it. but having at least a year of warranty is important. since it is 08,depending on the inservice date, you should have 2 years beyond that.
I purchase 08 t4s in Oct 2010, CPO. listed @ 78, then 76, then 72 over a 3 month period; I ended up getting for 69,999 (+tax). I also negotiated to have a number of things repaired: some scratches on the 19 inch rims, smoothed out; paint chips touched up; they will probably offer a tire and wheel insurance 695; i got that b/c drive in DC urban area; you could try and have them throw that in;

Let me also emphasize importance of a PPI even though CPO. Put down a deposit, 5k, and then say contingent on PPI. On my CPO form the tire tread depth was written as 8mm all around; I used my tire tread gauge and found all tires to be < 4mm; they then replaced all 4 tires. I inspected the dash very carefully for stains and found some so entire dash replaced.

Other things: CPO form said 2 keys but they only had 1 available, so ordered 2 nd key; the manuals were for a 2006 carrera so they ordered a complete set (owners man, maintenance manual, Nav/Porshce Mngt System , manual).

It is a beautiful car and enjoy. Just wanted to mention all this since I just went thru. If you see my other posts, I had a scored cyl (#4) and ultimately I received a remanu engine from porsche; so take a good listen to the engine; after driving for at least 20 minutes, should not have any loud ticking/knocking noise although there is lifter sound; in fact if they have another 4s drive and listen to engine at idle as well.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

pabafree95, Many thanks for your thoughts. I have followed the journey you have been on with your T4S and sincerely hope it is now fully sorted out.

The car I am considering is from a private party. The warranty will expire in August and I will not be able to see it in person so will have to rely on a thorough PPI.

The looming warranty expiration and not working with a dealer gives me a bit of anxiety but that's just because all my previous cars were purchased from a dealer. The process is also a bit simpler when trying to dispose of another car at the same time. Might have to pick up an extended warranty policy.

As always, appreciate your thoughts!

Quick Reply: Help Pricing Targa 4S