Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to ... homelink

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 AM
John52
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to follow the "Canadian" instructions from Homelink as there is a difference between US and Canadian garage door openers in the way the frequencies are set up.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 779 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by jmonté
Hi guys ,
just bought a 2005 997 but I don't have the owner manual .
I want to set my homelink system with the garage door remote .
can anyone send me the instructions or a link so I can try it out
thanks in advance
Try this post of mine from 2005:

https://rennlist.com/forums/1917089-post5.html

Hope it helps.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

The Porsche Homelink can be frustrating and tricky. Because I didn't understand the manual I kept programming the porsche to the remote and not climbing the ladder and pushing the learn button. Did it over and over. Parking lights blinked as they should. Did it so many times I broke the homelink inside the bumper. Fortunately, Porsche dealer fixed-replaced it under warranty. You have to do the learn button on the garage unit and then run back to you car and hold the button that will open the door. Call homelink and they'll put a rep on the phone to help/walk you though the process while staying on the phone with you.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:01 AM
jmonté
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys , its easy and it works.here's the recipe:
1. Turn on ignition
2. Hold both the two outer buttons on Homelink to clear all codes (about 20 seconds) until LED begins to flash quickly, then release
3. Press button on Homelink that you want to program. Led will flash slowly.
4. Go to the front of the car. Aim your garage door remote at the front bumper just left of center.
5. While aiming at front bumper, Hold the garage door remote button( that you want to acquire) until fog lights flash,they didn't flash on mine since the are already on (canada's rules) .
6. That should do it.
p.s only the two outer buttons on Homelink seem to work for programming
Old 05-21-2020, 03:41 AM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrey Jain
Auto homelink allows wireless transmission to pair with the vehicle and allows drivers to operate home automation devices from their car using vehicle-integrated buttons. Visit https://dpsdealers.com/category/homelink to make your vehicle more efficient.
Yeah that sure is a spam-sounding post.

Originally Posted by jmonté
ok guys , its easy and it works.here's the recipe:
1. Turn on ignition
2. Hold both the two outer buttons on Homelink to clear all codes (about 20 seconds) until LED begins to flash quickly, then release
3. Press button on Homelink that you want to program. Led will flash slowly.
4. Go to the front of the car. Aim your garage door remote at the front bumper just left of center.
5. While aiming at front bumper, Hold the garage door remote button( that you want to acquire) until fog lights flash,they didn't flash on mine since the are already on (canada's rules) .
6. That should do it.
p.s only the two outer buttons on Homelink seem to work for programming
I've tried this so many times and the foglights never blink...even after sitting there for 5 minutes holding the garage door remote. Maybe I was too close? It says in the manual to position the remote about 12" from the front bumper, left of center...should I go further away?
The following users liked this post:
Perdido (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

I had a bit of a problem programming mine until it occurred to me that maybe the garage door remote might be part of the problem. I installed fresh new batteries on the remote, went through the programming process described and "Voilá!".

I'm not saying that this will solve the problem but at least you've discarded one possibility.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:41 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
Yeah that sure is a spam-sounding post.

I've tried this so many times and the foglights never blink...even after sitting there for 5 minutes holding the garage door remote. Maybe I was too close? It says in the manual to position the remote about 12" from the front bumper, left of center...should I go further away?
My 09 .2 paired without flashing the fog lights. I had not found the section in the manual for turning off the daytime running lights when I paired it so perhaps that was why they didn't flash. I've got a 6 or so year old Liftmaster which is old school technology so maybe my opener has a soft spot for old things. :P

Quick Reply: how to ... homelink