Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To sway or not to sway

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
cbzzoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To sway or not to sway

So, I'm going to do the GT3 LCA's to get more camber, and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do sways while I've got the car in for suspension/alignment.

The goal with sway bars is to stiffen the rear, which should help it come around a bit and make the car more neutral. I'd probably go with the GT3 sways and Tarett drop links.

One thing I'm unsure about is I don't have LSD and conventional wisdom is that stiff rear + no LSD = bad. I don't really care if I lose a bit of lap time if the car feels better.

I'm also curious if stiff sways will make the ride much harsher.

I've also heard some people have done only the rear sway and left the front stock; I know some people love to say "sways are a system, do pairs" but I'm not sure there's a good reason to stiffen the front any more than stock.

So, thoughts on sways or no sways?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:28 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

cbzzoom; your probably aware of these variables and the common corrections but check out this link just in case...

http://www.imgt3performance.com/User...on%20guide.pdf

With regard to your question i usually recommend changing both front and rear at the same time and keep them proportional to the factory numbers. That being said there are drivers who will change sways based on a number of variables. The most important variable being seat time (experience) with the car. So changing only the rear may be good for you. With regard to street ability of a lowered and stiffened suspension i always defer to my wife. I'm apparently not a good judge of what's road worthy. And because of that we recommend H&R sway bars. This keeps harsheness to a minimum while making significant handling improvements and a quality product. The link below will take you to more details on this product... Good luck and if i can be of any help let me know. Chuck

H&R Link: our site..

http://www.imgt3performance.com/prod...Id=170&F_All=Y
Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cbzzoom
So, I'm going to do the GT3 LCA's to get more camber, and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do sways while I've got the car in for suspension/alignment.

The goal with sway bars is to stiffen the rear, which should help it come around a bit and make the car more neutral. I'd probably go with the GT3 sways and Tarett drop links.

One thing I'm unsure about is I don't have LSD and conventional wisdom is that stiff rear + no LSD = bad. I don't really care if I lose a bit of lap time if the car feels better.

I'm also curious if stiff sways will make the ride much harsher.

I've also heard some people have done only the rear sway and left the front stock; I know some people love to say "sways are a system, do pairs" but I'm not sure there's a good reason to stiffen the front any more than stock.

So, thoughts on sways or no sways?
gt3 sways will give you an ability to adjust your setup - do it of course. or you can put gt2 sways - they are stiffer, if you do have soft stock springs gt2 sways will work better. put in both front and rear, pair.

Quick Reply: To sway or not to sway