Sponsored by:

Color combos

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 AM
islandtrader
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Color combos

I am in the market for 07-08 carrera S and I was wondering which color combos are most desired? I just had a cobalt blue with beige interior get bought while I was test driving the car when I was at the dealership, really ticked me off to be honest.

Anyway I am looking at some black on black and blue on black carreras. Definately seems to me that it is alot harder to find any shade of blue compared to black. Any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:12 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Black and Silver are, so to speak, "a dime a dozen." Way too many of them, IMO. Go with what ever color YOU want. Don't worry about resale or what others, including me, think.

Good luck with the search!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Enjoy the hunt, that's part of the fun... however, be prepared to pull the trigger when you find the one you really like or you stand the chance of being ticked off again.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While it's true that color combos are a matter of personal preference, there are certain colors that are admired by general Porsche public. For example, interior colors like Natural Brown Leather and Black/Terracotta (two tone) go very well with blacks and gray exteriors. I have also seen a Dark Blue Metallic over Sea Blue full leather coupe and it was stunning. On the other hand, black exterior and light beige interior colors might be viewed by some as hard to to keep clean. Generally, almost everyone prefers a black interior (it ages better).
Not sure if that answers your question. GL.

Last edited by StanThePorscheFan; 02-13-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM
henrysko
Instructor

Just take your time and the right one will come along.

I definately wanted blue - it was replacing our Monaco Blue 335i and, after almost 8 months, found one w/ low miles, black interior, & CPO.

Be ready to pull the trigger when you find it. Good luck in your hunt.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:26 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

C'mon go for a silver exterior and carrera red natural interior ... bring back the Porsche racing color combo.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:36 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

the most desirable color is; the one you like most. If you are worried about resale dont pick a wacky color. My opinion is have a good contrast. dark exterior and light interior or light exterior and dark interior. The same color inside and out is boaring.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

I saw a ruby red w/ dark brown interior a few weeks ago that blew me away.
I also like GT Silver with w/ dark brown.
White w/ Red is fun.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

My Porsche is black with tan leather. My BMW is too. The tan leather shows dirt and wear more quickly than I would prefer. I think natural leather is the leather option to have. The BMW leather is natural, has seen 22 years as a daily driver, and looks better today than the 5 year old Porsche leather, in my opinion. The Porsche leather appears to be leather, but I doubt it occurs in nature.

The natural brown and carrera red both look great. Terra Cotta looks great too.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Spectro28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Favorite that I've seen has been GT Silver with Cocoa -- just awesome in a cab, with a cocoa top. I got my Atlas Grey coupe off the lot with the standard black interior -- if I'd have ordered it, I think I'd have gone Atlas Grey with Brown Natural Leather.

Another VERY nice combo I saw (and almost went for) was an Arctic Silver cab with Black/Stone Grey two-tone interior. Very classy car, still on the lot (or on the website at least) - http://barrier.porschedealer.com/pre...38468/info.php

Don't forget the Macadamia Metallic with Brown Natural, either. I've seen that and loved it, too.

Have fun!

And damned, if I won a lottery and were gonna spec a new car today, I might go with a GTS Cab in Amethyst Metallic with Brown Natural... adaptive sport seats, painted model designation, dynamic driving lights...

Last edited by Spectro28; 02-13-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added link to pic (if it persists)...
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

craig nailed it. be prepared to pull the trigger when you find what you want - enjoy the hunt
Old 02-13-2011, 05:58 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spectro28
Favorite that I've seen has been GT Silver with Cocoa [/IMG]
I saw this on Cayman - beautiful.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:46 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by islandtrader
I am in the market for 07-08 carrera S and I was wondering which color combos are most desired? I just had a cobalt blue with beige interior get bought while I was test driving the car when I was at the dealership, really ticked me off to be honest.

Anyway I am looking at some black on black and blue on black carreras. Definately seems to me that it is alot harder to find any shade of blue compared to black. Any suggestions?
I think you gotta do something different with either the outside or the inside!

My Last:

Arctic with Lipstick red (old color special order

My current one; turquiose blue with natural brown:

Good Luck!

Tom
Old 02-13-2011, 07:00 PM
purrybonker
Pro

I have cobalt with two-tone black and grey full leather.

Cars that aren't silver, black and grey (and increasingly, white) are very hard to find. It took me nine months of watching before I stumbled on mine.

Take your time, wait it out - you'll find something you like.
Attached Images   
Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 PM
islandtrader
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PurryBonker, I am looking at the similar color combo on a carrera s coupe. Baltic blue with black interior. Has anybody else seen a baltic blue carrera, it is the only one I have seen so far in my search, is it a specail order?

Quick Reply: Color combos