Panamera Winter Driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 PM
V-Vo/t
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Park City commute in P4

Originally Posted by blake
I can't speak personally, but know of a guy out here in Utah that traded in his 997 for a Panamera last year and couldn't be happier. He commutes daily from Park City to Salt Lake CIty (70+ miles RT) which is a BIG deal. We got 450+ inches of snow this past winter, and that trip has a total elevation change of 6000+ feet. My DD is a Land Rover, and most people drive SUVs or Subarus. The Panamera will be a great car in the snow, though you should still add winter tires (M+S) for that time of year. It is all about vehicle weight and tires in the snow...

Good luck.

-B
I know who Blake is talking about, it's me! I drove a Panamera 4 with snow tires everyday last winter. I often left for work before the plows went over the pass(0500). I can tell you that the Panamera 4 is low, heavy and stuck to the pavement even in the worst conditions. Even plowed my way through our neighborhood with 16 inches of fresh powder once. I would not hesitate to take the car out in any conditions except maybe a couple feet of snow on the roadways, and thats just because of clearance. Get one and drive it like you stole it.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Nicki1969
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P4 - Snow - Mammoth

Originally Posted by DMoore
I bought my Panamera 4S specifically to use it as my winter ski car. The 20" Pilot Sports come off, the 18" Sottozeros go on. I live in SoCal where snow (almost) never falls, but I commute to Mammoth where it snows a lot. I haven't had it in an actual snow storm yet, but in cold and icy conditions it does great. I've previously owned a long string of Audi Quattros as ski cars and it appears this will be comparable.

DMoore
'09 C2S (soon to be replaced by an '11 GTS)
'10 P4S
Hi DMoore,
I have a P4 and concerned about driving it to Mammoth... normally always drive my Toyota Venza AWD but no longer have it... Often I've seen a black Panamera parked at the top of Old Mammoth Road (he must park and ski Mammoth Rock) and the guy seems to have no issue in the snow with it... My concern is more the clearance ground to bumper and then the snow and ice coming up Old Mammoth by Valentine to Le Verne especially if not plowed.... Worst case I can get a ride from someone in town it's really just getting the car in/out of Mammoth safely that concerns me most... have you ever had an issue? Have you taken yours?
Thank you...

Quick Reply: Panamera Winter Driving