PSS9; KWv3 Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:27 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS9; KWv3 Coilovers?

PSS9; KWv3 questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going into my third year of DE. I plan on doing about 8-10 events.

According to my DE inspector I'm out driving the suspension on the car. (stock base 2005 carrera; no PASM)

He is suggesting PSS9's. I dont believe PSS10's are an option for the base 997.

I understand the PSS9's need to be adjusted from inside the car under the rear seats? Is this true?

I also was thinking about KW v3 as an option. Are these adjustable inside the car as well?

I know some very trusted names on this site recommend sway bars first. What is suggested with these coil overs?

Many thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

base 997 car can take any shocks. it all depends of how much you want to pay.

sway bars - you can put GT2, GT3, GMG bars, search for those which are better for you.

track level coilovers ar JRS RS PRO or similar motons with external canisters - dual adjustable (compression/rebound) single tube shocks, they are in $5.5K area probably. my JRZ RS are dual tube (theoretically less reliable as piston size is smaller and internal construction less robust) but very good quality shocks, tarett.com sells them for $4200 in a good matched kit - check it out with them.
http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...6sk-detail.htm

PSS10 does fit 997 car and exists and is better than PSS9. PSS9 is better than KWv3. they all have drawbacks as by default they come in kits and those kits have 450/600 lbs springs which you will need to replace ($1K) and then re-valve shocks to match springs ($1K). tarett also sells gt3 sways with droplinks in a kit, so, it may be easier for you to get it all from same spot.

So if you want to DIY and buy parts yourself - call tarett ans discuss with them or find good local shop and consult with them of what to choose.

there is a third option - you can just buy stiffer shorter springs (eibach) for your current shocks which are bilsteins too, but usually it is not recommended. I would go with JRZ RS like I got - those are good shocks and at good price and are dual adjustable, you will like it a lot after you`ll get used to it. JRZ RS PRO will get to $6K+ mark after you get springs and it is imho quite a lot of $.

If you get PSS10 new and replace soft springs to new, then re-valve them it will bring them close to JRZ RS price point.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

as an another alternative - you can look up setup of a 996 spec cars. just be aware 996 shocks do not fit 997, you need to get 997 mounts on them, but overall springs wise and rest of setup is very similar.

http://www.996specracing.com/The_Spec.html

and a whole thing:
http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...996-detail.htm
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks my man...knew you would give me some good guidance.

Quick Reply: PSS9; KWv3 Coilovers?