Sponsored by:

2010 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by jca3
Just a heads up. There are cases out there of authorities reviewing Youtube to find laws being broken. If a spoiler doesn't raise until you hit 75, there are very few places that you'd want it to actually raise up. Certainly not on a suburban thoroughfare. Just sayin'.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...82-504083.html
appreciate the head's up - I manually deployed mine long before 75 in the name of science.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you put thast car up for sale? It still looks great.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM
signature65
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the new purchase......now PICS and Specs!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Maurier
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again.

Ok from what I understand it will deploy at 75 mph/120 kmh unless the engine gets really warm. Wich shouldn't happen ehre in canada at this time of the year=)

The car is a 2010 since I got a 8000$ discount on it and they also gave me 44K for my 2009 bmw 335 xi coupe. Plus I had to wait until June to get a 2011 model or just buy the Carrera GTS.
They had 3 colours available at the dealership black , white and grey. I went with the black one. Some guy had it ready and costumized but he didn't buy it at the last minute.
It basalt black and it has the Carrera s II wheels painted black and also the carrera S sticker ont he back is in black.
All black wasn't my original choice but once I saw it it looked good=) I think a Carrera can pull it off especiallyt he black rims.
Options wise it comes with :

blue tooth interface
sport chrono package
navigation module for PCM
universal audio interface ( no idea what this is lol)
self dimming mirrors
dynamic cornering lights
PASM sport suspension package
rim and caps exterior colour ( waste of 2000$ if you ask me)
heated steering wheel

I drove it home and it was snowing so the car is really dirty atm waiting for a good day to wash it and then will post pics =) I just got this new digital camera so I will try to take some pretty pics of my baby.

I love this car. I think cars are like womens you have to be in love with them or it is not going to last long.
Initially I was going to get an M3 or the nissan GT-R but I think the porsche is on another level.
I wanted to wait for the GTS. They had a white one coming in in few weeks but I wanted a black one and that would set me back around 3 months =/
Plus it is a bit more expensive and since I also need a winter car I figured with the rest of the money I can get a 2011 Jetta at 16K
I have also seen a few reviews comparing the GTS with the carrera S and they said unless you are pushing the GTS hard there is very little noticeable difference in the two.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:33 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Spoiler raises at 75 mph and lowers at 37 mph.
Spent 24 years in Edmonton, Alberta then moved to US. Miss Canada, except weather of course.
Sounds like you got a nice ride...look forward to the pics of the clean car - Basalt Black looks awesome clean!

Quick Reply: 2010 Carrera S