Is that a pen-holder?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Spectro28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
What's a spare tire?
I keep a spare tire in my ash tray. The little hole in there is the anchor point to tie down the flat tire/wheel after putting on the spare. If I leave it loose, it might fly off and get between me and the gear shift (manual transmission).

I guess with a PDK one could hold a pen in it.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Next time try hanging it on the cloths hook at the back of the seat.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can someone post a pic?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pabafree95
thanks. at least they could've made it a bit wider for a stogie.....they should make a stogie-holder
There's two holes - small in the front for cigs and the large one in the back would probably hold a ring 50 puro in a pinch.

oops - looks like a lighter goes in that large hole....
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
primary cause of early deaths is never ending stress and unhealthy habits plus over eating when no one 'has time' to eat properly and then they gobble up whole daily ration at 10pm dinner and go to sleep.
france, spain, germany, switzeland too - a LOT of smokers there. not everything in life is as simple as tv propaganda tries to imprint into our brains.
simple truth is that everything is good in moderation. i do not say chain smoking is good for your health, as well as drinking into oblivion. still, there are ways in life to enjoy it fully and still be healthy.
err, sure
btw, why dont you spring for actually paying for a photo of your car at the track instead of doing the cheap thing and just lifting it of the website and screwing the photographer?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
sorry, smoking, even in moderation, is "not good"
Agreed.

But neither is breathing the air in Los Angeles, eating the food at many restaurants, or the stress of average American life.

Its not gonna stop me from having an occasional tasty cigar.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
Agreed.

But neither is breathing the air in Los Angeles, eating the food at many restaurants, or the stress of average American life.

Its not gonna stop me from having an occasional tasty cigar.
Right. Some bad things are avoidable and others are not, so you need to improve your odds by eliminating what you can. Using your respiratory system as a chimney is something that's avoidable, IMO. But then we each pay our money and make our choices, don't we.....
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There was an article in scientific american years ago regarding this. they found that if every smoker were to suddenly quit smoking, it would immediately bankrupt the already shaky social security and medicare systems due to the increased life expectancy and the additional people drawing from these systems. Smokers can be cited now as a key reason why the social security and medicare systems are still surviving as long as they have. That is probably the only good thing I can think of to ever come from cigarette smoking.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by signature65
Thats what came in my glovebox......no pen here!
They didn't give you a free pen when you bought your 911? They did me. You should complain!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Right. Some bad things are avoidable and others are not, so you need to improve your odds by eliminating what you can. Using your respiratory system as a chimney is something that's avoidable, IMO. But then we each pay our money and make our choices, don't we.....
Agreed. And neither of our views is wrong.

Everyone has individual life goals.

Mine does not include sitting in a nursing home at age 98, addle minded and needing care. I'd rather die at 68 having enjoyed the possibilities of life that were appealing to me.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then there was the article/study that said a near starvation diet can extend your life!

Who wants to live extra years in a concentration camp environment?? Even if it is "healthy"??
Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yep, undereating has been shown to both improve health and longevity and to sharpen the mind.

Minok, My dad is pushing 90. He broke his tibia 2 years ago skiing moguls, and is back skiing about 80 days a year. He races giant slalom. He travels to Europe about twice per year. He hikes. His 44 year old wife can't keep up with him. If he had chosen to be a smoker, he would either likely be dead by now, or the circulation in his legs would be so bad he couldn't walk, or he would be stroked out, or he would be toting around an oxygen tank.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it
Old 01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
autobahnA8
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
What's a spare tire?
ha, sorry. spare as in extra.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM
gstahl
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Day in and day out what you eat does not affect others, smoking does. My parents used to smoke (didn't everyone in the 60's and 70's?), thankfully they quit. I have bad allergies and being around smoking is extremely unpleasant. Again, thankfully I live is the bay area in CA and work for Apple (little to no smoking in public areas and no smoking on our campus). it is nice to breath clean air.

To each his own, though not impacting others should at least be a minor consideration. =)

Geoff
Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Taxi?
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Minok
Agreed. And neither of our views is wrong.

Everyone has individual life goals.

Mine does not include sitting in a nursing home at age 98, addle minded and needing care. I'd rather die at 68 having enjoyed the possibilities of life that were appealing to me.
Minok,

My mother passed away earlier this month after just "celebrating" her 72nd birthday. She smoked most of her adult life. The last year she was forced to wear a nasal cannula connected to an oxygen machine because her lungs weren't efficient enough to supply her body's need for oxygen. During the last few months, she was so weak she couldn't walk to the bathroom and was forced to wear a diaper while she laid in bed 24 hours a day in a nursing home. The last time she was taken to the hospital, the staff crammed a breathing tube down her throat and put her on a respirator. Because she had previously prepared a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) order, my sister and I made the decision to have the tube removed. She lived about three weeks after that, but her oxygen deprivation caused her to have an altered level of consciousness, until she eventually slipped into unconsciousness.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't smoke, as there's no guarantee that you'll suffer any of the problems my mother did. Plus, it's your personal choice. But I think if you happen to find yourself on your deathbed at only 68, you probably won't look back at your life and be happy that you "enjoyed the possibilities." My mother certainly didn't.

My life philosophy is "The pain of discipline is not nearly as great as the pain of regret."

Quick Reply: Is that a pen-holder?